Author Topic: A WIFES POINT OF VIEW  (Read 7773 times)

PINYONE

A WIFES POINT OF VIEW
« on: February 17, 2009, 08:09:49 PM »
Recently I was looking at items for sale on CLA and thought I would I would show my wife some of the hunting pouches and haver sacks for sale thinking she would say wow great. No she said these things look like something from Goodwill that others didn't want. She said they look like bags that poor Homeless people carry with them. Then she said what is wrong with men? A woman would never pay those prices for worn out sloppy sewn junk, then she pulled up top of line line handmade Italian Designer Bags that were extremely beautiful with great leather and I admit they were absolutely fine, then she said that is leather worth the price. The other point that she made to me was they are made by top International Designers who are known world wide, she said thats what a woman would buy. She said said don't think these bags I showed her will be on the Runway in Milan anytime soon. So fellers check with your wives and see what they say- The Great Pinyone or Pinyone the Great.

Offline b bogart

Re: A WIFES POINT OF VIEW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 08:31:15 PM »
What do those designers know about blackpowder or hunting or gunmaking??
Besides its not a purse, it's a hunting  pouch. Lets keep the manly thing happening here.
Bruce ;D

lew wetzel

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 08:42:45 PM »
did you explain to her that we are not trying to dress for the runway but are keeping an american herritage alive and emmulating what our fore-fathers went through and the things they had available to secure this great country and our freedoms......thats what i tell my wife!!!!

Tony Clark

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 09:35:57 PM »

That is funnnyyyyy, women can be so logical sometimes. I just wish they were logical all the time. Regards, TC

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 10:49:05 PM »
Do NOT EVER do your lady a favor and carry her purse while hiking on Daytona Beach.  Those limp wristed fairies @!*% near drag you into their parked van.  Been there and done that.., the hiking and carrying part only... Course that was many years ago ::)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 10:49:51 PM by Roger Fisher »

tuffy

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 11:31:10 PM »
did you explain to her that we are not trying to dress for the runway but are keeping an american herritage alive and emmulating what our fore-fathers went through and the things they had available to secure this great country and our freedoms......thats what i tell my wife!!!!

Lew,   that's what my wife let's me tell her too!!!!! :o ;D

Levy

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 11:47:22 PM »
In fact we do have our respected big names in this game, but they're not Gucci or Prada.  Their products are admired and lusted after by us all, are collectable and hopefully will be around for a few generations.  Some of us make our own accessories and others of us buy to use while others may invest in collecting.  The products are different, but the shopping process is pretty much the same.

James Levy

Offline Ezra

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 01:41:39 AM »
Gucci and Prada DESIGN.  Ken Scott and his ilk MAKE, based on historical record.  Indeed, considering what they had to work with and that these were/are functional in all conditions, I would take the old over the new...anytime.

Ez
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

Berks Liberty

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 04:50:43 PM »
Man that is funny, I think most women think a like!  Mine has me whipped to the point that I have been trying to build another rifle for the past four years.  Then I went to powder horns.  She just shakes her head at the bag issue.  But then again my wife likes to shop at Goodwill.  But states she wouldn't be caught dead carrying a hunting pouch.  So I don't take her hunting which is fine with me.   ::)

Offline Z. Buck

• Fabricati Diem Pvnc
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 06:07:47 PM »
wow i must be lucky my wife has carried little fancy haversacks that i have made for years as her purse, usually i used fancy printed cloth and ther are all lined, most recent one i made out of leather because she wore out the cloth ones in ten to twelve months, the guns dont hold her attention very long but she does like to shoot modern...i guess i have to count my blessings, of course she wont let me spent the mortgage payment of rifle parts either ...i guess one of us has to be responsible
I Make Inflammatory Statements

Be Prepared

Jefferson58

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 10:58:53 PM »
I agree with Zack. My wife is my biggest supporter for the all the pouches and horns I make. She wants to see every one, and loves the way they look old and aged. She is attending, and working the table at almost all of the shows we are participating in this year. Finally she can't wait for me to make her a hemp haversack to use as a daily bag. I guess I am very lucky as well.

Jeff

Bob F

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 07:39:37 AM »
I am also very lucky...my wife not only supports my habit  ;D but also suggests improvements or design ideas.  When I finshed my last horn and put a simple leather strap on it she asked if I was going to make or get a better strap.  She said all that work deserves something nicer then a plain piece of leather.  I was shocked!

But then again, she will go early season hunting with me...she has arthritis so the cold of late season makes it impossible for her to join me.  Take her to the range in warmer weather and she is..as my son puts it..."scarey accurate" with just about any rifle, scope or iron sights.

voyageur1688

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 02:33:12 AM »
 Some women just dont get it.   They think we spend too much on them?   Todd

Yes to the first - and I've never heard the last sentence come from mine, Todd. Oh- you mean the hunting bags - HA! - misunderstood for a second or two. ;D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 02:57:17 AM by Daryl »