Author Topic: Thomas Allison  (Read 3740 times)

Offline louieparker

Thomas Allison
« on: February 11, 2015, 07:32:24 PM »
Does anyone have a photo of a Thomas Allison rear ramrod pipe ? If so would you be willing to email me a copy... Thanks !...............Louie

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
Re: Thomas Allison
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 08:35:31 PM »
Louis:  do you have a copy of "The Longrifles of Western PA" by Rosenberger and Kaufman?  There are a couple of T. Allison rifles featured therein in black and white, and in colour...but unfortunately, no close up pics of the entry pipe.  From what I can see, the barrel of the pipe is ~ 1 1/2" long and the skirt is a little longer than that.  the barrel appears to have raised bead mouldings at each end with flats filed between.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 08:35:43 PM »
Sent
Overall 2 and 15/16th inches.  The pipe is 1 and 5/8ths.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:39:47 PM by Shreckmeister »
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline louieparker

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 09:21:28 PM »
Taylor, I do have that book..But unless I overlooked it which is more than likely, you can't see the bottom view.. The photo is needed to make a replacement pipe for one of his carved rifles. I can see enough in the mentioned photo that I could probably wing it...But would rather not... Thanks, Louie

Offline tallbear

• Global Moderator
  • Mitch Yates
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 11:21:51 PM »
Louie

I looked in both my Whisker books and there is only a grainy side view.Get in touch with Brian LeMaster he took in a very nice original Allison for repair this last weekend at Lewisberg,perhaps he will take a photo of what you need.

Mitch Yates
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 11:22:05 PM by aka tallbear »

Offline louieparker

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 11:44:50 PM »
Mitch thanks.