Author Topic: Centremark  (Read 4917 times)

Leatherbelly

Centremark
« on: July 14, 2008, 11:09:29 PM »
 Last year I bought a tradegun stock from Dave B. Dave had this stock for a long time and thought that it was a TOTW precarved. After studying the TOTW stock and mine,mine looks somewhat different.It does not have the extra large hump on the comb. It looks to me like Paul Sieberts Centermark profile. I want to get started on this project but can't find a barrel I like. Well, I did find a barrel I like and that's the barrel Paul Siebert uses. Does anyone know who supplies his barrels? and what the profile is? dimensions etc? Paul's barrels have the oct. flats filed down to sixteen,then the single wedding band, 42 inches long. Paul must be busy as I can't reach him by phone. Can anyone in NY State near Fredonia give him a call to see if these barrels are available and from whom? Any help appreciated.

Offline E.vonAschwege

• Global Moderator
    • von Aschwege Flintlocks
Re: Centremark
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 11:23:30 PM »
Is the octagonal portion tapered?  Track has straight oct-16-round barrels that are 42" long, perhaps that would work?
Former Gunsmith, Colonial Williamsburg www.vonaschwegeflintlocks.com

Leatherbelly

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 12:54:15 PM »
 Erik,
Thanks for the reply.I've looked at that barrel,I think. It has a double wedding band,if my memory serves me correctly.Will look again.Trying to steer clear of the double band ,if at all possible.Thanks again.

Buffler Razz

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 01:55:20 PM »
I live about an hour from Fredonia and will try and call him if you'd like. I had the itch to build one of his guns this winter and after about 2 months of trying to get him, gave up and got a rifle kit. Shoot me an email or personal message if you'd like me to call him. I can get you my cell phone number if you want to call me with details too.
Razz

don getz

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 02:20:23 PM »
Many years ago the Centermark barrels had a straight sided octagon section, can't remember if they had wedding bands or if it just blended into the round, and were made by a barrel company in Pittsburg.  Old age refuses to allow me to remember the name of the company.........Don

Leatherbelly

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 05:31:00 AM »
  Eric,  Now, after checking more carefully,it appears to have a slight taper from the breech to the end of the oct. inlet. From 1.010" to .960", and at the narrowest ,a .7050" waist. I think I might have to go to a 38" colerain  barrel as it appears to have a profile just a slight bit bigger then the stock pre-inlet. 42" would be nicer,but who knows. I'll try to get motivated, take and post a picture of it. This stock may make a nice canoe gun!
It has a French "C" type profile yet the lock ,butt plate and trigger plate inlet appear like a Fusil de chasse. It does not have the great humpbacklook to it though. More research will be needed.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 08:42:58 AM by Leatherbelly »

Leatherbelly

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 08:34:52 AM »
Spit out, Don!
oh, wwhat's a distlefink? a thistle finch?in pa dutch? Shipman mentioned it in a different thread.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 08:39:48 AM by Leatherbelly »