Author Topic: 1st bag and strap  (Read 4004 times)

Offline Tim Harrison

• Starting Member
1st bag and strap
« on: March 02, 2009, 06:52:53 AM »
I have finally almost finished by 1st bag and card woven strap.  The leather is a little heavy, the main bag is made of 8 oz leather.  I have since gotten some 3-4 oz leather for my next bat.  The strap is card woven from cotten yarn.  The knife is a Redwood from Northcoast Knives.  I reshaped the blade to remove the finger grooves.  One of the next projects is a bison powder horn to go with this bat.

Please feel free to critique this bag, as I would like to make another, hopefully better later this year.

Thanks, Tim

« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 10:06:29 PM by Tim Crosby »

Offline Eric Fleisher

• E. Fleisher Shot Pouches
Re: 1st bag and strap
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 07:07:41 AM »
Very nice work!  I love it!

Offline Brian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 07:20:07 AM »
Nicely done indeed.  I like it.  Aside from being very good work it has a real "comfortable feel" to it.  Can't put it in words, but it just "feels" right.  I'd be right happy wearing that anywhere anytime.  Well done.
"This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation"

Offline Robby

• NYSSR ―
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 09:56:53 PM »
tsh, That is one nice set up, and well done. Your the only other guy I have seen doing card weaving, or at least admit to it, hah! Its a pain to set up but you can get some interesting patterns, like you have done, Wow. Thanks for posting.
Robby
molon labe
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. A. Lincoln

Offline G. Elsenbeck

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 05:46:33 AM »
Nicely done for first attempt.  I like the mix of the hair on hide and a great job on the strap.  I like the pattern.  Keep up the good work.  I would expect to see others in the future?
Gary
Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Offline Brian Jordan

• Pennsylvania
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 06:17:19 AM »
I love the whole package! You are a true craftsman. What did you use to finish the scales on the knife? I love the color!
Elizabeth, PA

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms"...Thomas Jefferson

Let's Go Brandon!

Offline Tim Harrison

• Starting Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 07:22:45 AM »
Thanks for the kind commetns.

I used Wahkon Bay's Aquafortis and Permalyn sealer on the knife scales.

Thanks agian, Tim