Author Topic: A update on my fixer up  (Read 4291 times)

1927modet

A update on my fixer up
« on: April 29, 2015, 11:36:13 PM »
Ok its been a little bit since I posted so here's where I'm at....

This is how I got it

[/

[URL=http://s292.photobucket.com/user/eflower0012/media/CAM00695_zpsbcp64f6n.jpg.html]

To this....

Now to this....For my 1st time doing anything like this and I think its looking good....

Offline davebozell

Re: A update on my fixer up
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 02:16:46 AM »
Looks great!  Post more pictures as you progress. I'm especially interested in how you'll finish the old and new wood.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 03:00:59 AM by davebozell »

longrifle

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 05:13:14 AM »
Looking good keep us posted.

1927modet

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 04:09:43 AM »
Thanks guys.....When I 1st starting working on it I sanded the 1920's varnish that was chipping and looked just bad
.....So these pics are 2 coats of linseed oil

I ended up putting some stain on the repaired piece and did a few more coats of the oil and it looks really good but I didn't take any new pic's ....more to come

Offline Mick C

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 06:13:53 PM »
Very nice, clean, well crafted work.  You have much more patience than I do Mr. Modet.  Please let us see the finished work....Mick C
My profile picture is my beloved K9 best friend and soulmate, Buster Brown, who passed away in 2018.  I miss you buddy!

Offline mountainman70

• USAF vet 1971-1972 malmstrom afb,montana
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 05:25:51 PM »
Looking good,bro. A late member/builder of our flintlock club laid down the gauntlet to me on a similar rescue,old late flint  fowler.Told me"I have saved worse,anyway,by the time you get it back togather,you will have learned a Lot of lessons and skills."he was right.I have been practicing"nothing ventured,nothing gained my entire working life-55 years It is good.Finished pics always welcome.keep it up.Best regards,Dave in WV :D ;D

Offline shortbarrel

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 12:30:42 AM »
Modelt: Is this rifle going to be a wall hanger or a full service rifle. Your work is real good on what you have done and I hope you have the skills to make it a full service rifle. Had a 27 T coupe that I had about half restored, someone came along and offered me more for it than I could turn down. Probably made a hot rod out of it. Wish i had never sold it. If I can help you in any way contact me. Brought many old rifles back from the dead and all were done full service.....Dick