Author Topic: Contemporary makers blog spot  (Read 220266 times)

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
Re: Contemporary makers blog spot
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2012, 09:37:36 PM »
Bump
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline PPatch

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 02:21:18 AM »
What a gorgious firearm, that finish is mouth watering.

When first researching and nosing around for information on muzzleloading arms some months ago one of the sites I discovered was Contemporary Makers and I thought "Class act!" I continue to visit it regularly for the simple reason that it, along with ALR are the best out there by far and away. My hat is off to Art and Jan for their taste and continuing effort to document the makers of today, they have vision.

Dave
Dave Parks   /   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

nosrettap1958

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2013, 08:23:55 PM »
 Her photography is excellent and those pictures of a sometimes very complicated subject are second to none.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 08:24:42 PM by crawdad »

Offline Virginiarifleman

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2014, 04:44:18 PM »
When you pull up the Blog,look to the right, artist names are in the right hand column.

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2014, 02:41:06 AM »
So, how would a fellow go about searching this blog?  

I know this is old news, BUT the most effective way to search any blog or website, look for and learn to use the "site specific" search option __IN YOUR FAVORITE__ normal regular web-searching engine.  

NOT the site specific internal search.  

What i describe below is the "manual entry" method.  One can also bump around the buttons of most major search engines and find a ready-made window or somesuch for site specific searches.

This way you can use all those special combinations and exclusions as you've learned them without being limited to site-internal searching parameters (which tend to vary and be fairly limited).  

e.g. a minus sign directly in front of a search term (-term) means "NOT" such that the search will not return items with that include that search term.  Little stuff like this really helps when title-only search is so difficult when titles are often poorly worded.

Maybe you'd like to search XYZ.com for "muzzleloader" but don't want to pull up posts with the plastic stuff in it.  Search "site:XYZ.com muzzleloader -inline".  

Or specifically to this thread, here's what i might enter into the search engines i use:

"site:contemporarymakers.blogspot.com "Smitty Johanisburgensteinbrennen" -bag"

That search would pull references to "Smitty Johanisburgensteinbrennen" only, not "Smitty" only, not "Johanisburgensteinbrennen" only, and not to any "bag".  

Confused?  the name will be searched as one unit because it is enclosed in quotations.  "Bag" will be excluded because of minus mark.

HTH somefolks, I know we cover a wide array of online experience.

cheerios
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 02:44:33 AM by WadePatton »
Hold to the Wind

Offline Tom Currie

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2015, 03:42:28 PM »
Very nice Darrin. You should bring it to Kalamazoo if you still have it.

Offline Molly

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2015, 03:57:40 AM »
I follow this forum mostly for the items listed for sale.  I feel it would be beneficial if the Cont'p makers site also had some way of identifying featured items that ARE for sale.  But probably most of the stuff there is already sold and just shown as a representation of the makers skill....and some skills they have.  I don't visit it very often as the drool runs over and into my key board and messes up my PC and besides why look at stuff when you know you cannot have it.  Same reason I don't walk the Ferrari dealers lot on Sunday.

Offline Molly

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2016, 05:36:05 AM »
I recently noticed a section to the right side down a little that says "Sale Items"  but as I recall there is nothing specific about the seller, the price, the maker or how to actually purchase them

Offline Molly

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2016, 05:00:43 PM »
W e l l !

Draw me a picture will ya!

But that's bait and switch.  Seems the rifle is not offered?

Will you be the only seller?  I guess one spot for selling is enough.

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2017, 07:31:44 PM »
Yeah, 3 operating systems later, I gotta add the blog back to my set of tabs that open automatically when I start this machine.

That's my favorite way to keep up, and I've not been doing a very good job of it lately.   
Hold to the Wind

ddecker

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2018, 05:30:09 PM »
Hello folks i came across this website while looking for something totally different. My name is David Decker and I built approximately 30 custom rifles using those great Getz barrels and a variety of locks, mostly flint. I am semi-retired and still have a few unfinished rifles hanging on my wall. I have been involved in shooting those nasty tactical black rifles and long range 1000 yard stuff of late. It was nice to hear good things about my rifles and I hope to get back to building them one of these days. I am impressed with the volume of new makers who are building great rifles. The Art lives on.