Author Topic: Allen Coon's Hog Shoot  (Read 4167 times)

Offline Michigan Flinter

Allen Coon's Hog Shoot
« on: March 15, 2009, 06:39:39 PM »
  Got home from Allen Coon's Hog Shoot late last night 320 mile ride. There were forty shooters who took part in the Over-The Log event  .We shot 10 targets with one shot per target measuring from center of "X" to center of ball hole . First place had a ten shot string around 3.750 inches can't remember the exact measurment.Great bunch of shooters and many thanks to Allen for hosting the shoot. The hog meat is very good had some for breakfast .  It was a good tuneup for the York shoot the 28 th. of this month in Pall Mall Tenn.  Eric D. Lau Riverdale Mi.

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
Re: Allen Coon's Hog Shoot
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 06:55:26 PM »
Sounds like a great time.  What is the distance to the targets in these shoots?
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline LynnC

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 07:46:04 PM »
60 yards - Shooting is the fun part - Gettin up off the ground after the shot is the hard part............................Lynn
The price of eggs got so darn high, I bought chickens......

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 07:49:36 PM »
Sounds like it was a good time, Eric. :)  Someday I''d like to go to Pall Mall, but that probably won't happen for a few years yet.  Have to save my pennies... ;D

Flintr,

Don't know the distance Eric and the others shot from, but I believe at Friendship (NMLRA) they shoot from 50 yards.  Our home grown White River Brigade shoot from the traditional 60 yards, while allowing anyone who can't get up or down to well to have the choice of shooting offhand from 40 yards.  We follow the layout that Crockett reminised about on his way to Texas as he relayed the story to some newspaper I think it was?