Author Topic: Re: ALR Over The Log Chunk Shoot 2009  (Read 42482 times)

Dave Marsh

Re: ALR Over The Log Chunk Shoot 2009
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 05:19:53 PM »
Daryl, thanks for running it again this year.  Thought I would give chunk shooting another try.  Just mailed off my $5 to you.  Going to start practicing this weekend if it will stop raining and snowing.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2009, 08:49:33 AM »
I sure had fun last go round so I am looking forward to giving it a try again. I came in second .......... to last place and I bet I can do better this year.  ;D I will see about getting my bucks in the mail.
Dave Blaisdell

Offline longcruise

• Arvada, Colorado
Re: Re: ALR Over The Log Chunk Shoot 2009
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2009, 08:05:27 PM »
I came in second .......... to last place and I bet I can do better this year.  ;D I will see about getting my bucks in the mail.

I didn't get my entry in last year but will for sure this year.  That will automatically move you up one position.<g>
Mike Lee

Leatherbelly

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2009, 03:55:54 AM »
 I wanna try this! Missed it last year.I'd like to hear from the guys who do this regularly in competitions. Maybe feed us some tricks. Do you psych out your opponents? Wear "foggy" coveralls? hats? Feed us lustfull newbies!

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2009, 04:55:22 AM »
I wanna try this! Missed it last year.I'd like to hear from the guys who do this regularly in competitions. Maybe feed us some tricks. Do you psych out your opponents? Wear "foggy" coveralls? hats? Feed us lustfull newbies!
First foolproof suggestion is= Snug her in tight to your cheek like those wild mountain women.  Gotta hold 'em close and tight 8) ;)

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2009, 09:40:16 PM »
Well now, the snow is gone and bugs are buzzin in B.C.  are we going to have this shootin match.... ???

How much $ and where to send???  I'll ask since its been quiet about this...

Daryl

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2009, 02:33:14 AM »
Been very quite, Roger - only one participant so far, Dave Marsh - same denaro as last year. I think we should hold to the same dates, etc. That info should be on the first page of this thread.

tks for showing interest, Roger.

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2009, 04:41:43 PM »
Jeez I hope I'm not the only one!!  I'll check as you suggested.

Ok, $ in the mail!!

Maybe this will stir up more entries!!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 04:51:52 PM by Roger Fisher »

Offline Dave B

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2009, 06:25:39 AM »
Hey,
I blew it,I plum got distracted. I got out the envelope  addressed it and will fire off the bucks on monday.
I enjoyed my self last year.  Any body out this way going to be in the shoot? I just run up toward the Gifford Pinchot National forrest and pace it off. Lookin forward to burning some powder and improving my string over last go round. I came in second ..........to last if the truth be told :-\ Hey so I have a great shot at a better score this year. ;D
Dave Blaisdell

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2009, 08:45:34 PM »
Can't help but wonder why not more chatter here regards the ALR log match ???

Last year this site was fairly buzzing about it!

Daryl

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2009, 11:45:08 PM »
I've 2 entries in hand is all.  C'mon, Guys. Do I have to send back the registrations?  2 or 3 entries, a match don't make.

Offline Scott Bumpus

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2009, 12:39:16 AM »
My entry fee will be in the mail tomorrow.I have been wanting to try chunk shooting and this is a good way to start. 
YOU CAN ONLY BE LOST IF YOU GIVE A @!*% WHERE THE $#*! YOU ARE!!

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2009, 01:28:35 AM »
I've 2 entries in hand is all.  C'mon, Guys. Do I have to send back the registrations?  2 or 3 entries, a match don't make.
Holy Kow - 2 entries  :o  Hard to fathom.

Offline Brian Jordan

• Pennsylvania
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2009, 01:41:38 AM »
The Muzzleblast Archive link on chunk gun shoots is not working for me. Anyone else having trouble with it?
Elizabeth, PA

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms"...Thomas Jefferson

Let's Go Brandon!

Dave Marsh

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2009, 03:09:38 PM »
Well apparently right now Roger and I are the only ones in???  I was going to suggest that we flip a coin and see who is first and second when I saw Roger's target on another string.  I surrender -- 2nd fiddle is fine with me. ::) 8)

Offline LynnC

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2009, 06:50:03 PM »
Blew my back out 2 months ago - I'm almost back up to speed but pretty sore.  No way I'm gettin up & down to load & shoot..........I'm lucky to be out shootin at all.

Wish I felt better - Would love to give it a try.

2 entries in so far - I coulda come in third ;D
The price of eggs got so darn high, I bought chickens......

Daryl

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2009, 03:44:12 AM »
C'mon, guys, only 3 entries for the chunk shoot. Still time - targets won't be scored & published until after I get home from Hefley Creek, Sept 7th this year. That gives 2 months to practise and a week to shoot for score.
So far, David M, David B. and Scott B. are the only entries.

I'll be sending out targets in August if that's OK - or I can send them this month if needed due to vacation interuptions or whatever's convenient for you - let me know.

Rules are at the start of this thread.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2009, 08:39:13 AM »
Daryl,
That sounds good to me. I am not sure why its so quiet on the chunk shoot front. Maybe it was too tough on some of the bretheren. I know I was shocked at how poorly I shot but then again in the last couple of years I have not gotten out much at all. I will wait by the mailbox for the targets in August.
Dave Blaisdell

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2009, 05:16:33 PM »
C'mon, guys, only 3 entries for the chunk shoot. Still time - targets won't be scored & published until after I get home from Hefley Creek, Sept 7th this year. That gives 2 months to practise and a week to shoot for score.

I'll be sending out targets in August if that's OK - or I can send them this month if needed due to vacation interuptions or whatever's convenient for you - let me know.

??? :o      Get my $ ?

Daryl

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2009, 06:31:49 PM »

??? :o      Get my $ ?

PM sent

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2009, 08:43:35 PM »
Daryl,
My back surgery went well in February and I am having cataracts removed from both eyes this month. If I can get through all of this I will try it again, don't give up on me yet. What will be your deadline for getting targets back to you?
Mark
Mark

Daryl

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2009, 06:42:19 AM »
Hi mark- I see I posted the middle of July - not much time- how about the end of Auguest, similar to last year. Hopefully more will enter, if not, it will be easy scoring this year!!! ;D

Offline Brian Jordan

• Pennsylvania
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2009, 01:38:42 PM »
Add my name to the list. I will give it a try this year, never done a chunk shoot before.

I already printed my targets, and I will get payment in the mail this week.
Elizabeth, PA

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms"...Thomas Jefferson

Let's Go Brandon!

Daryl

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2009, 05:18:32 PM »
The more the merrier, Brian.

Daryl

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2009, 10:35:35 PM »
Just received Roger's entry at noon today - 1/2 hour ago = postmarked 13 June.  Guess that's why they call it Snail-Mail.  That's 4 entries but the prizes will be smal without more entries.  The cash sent in is sent back to the first 3 plus the closest to the centre, same as last year.  Com-on guys - send in the entries.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 10:37:54 PM by Daryl »