Author Topic: Sell finished  (Read 4384 times)

Offline BarryE

Sell finished
« on: March 26, 2017, 05:48:36 AM »
This gun could vote in terms of the years in the time of build.  It was built as a gun that could have come out of Frederick or Jacob Jr's shop.  The owner wanted an aged look to the steel that would be complimented by the patina of the brass and silver later.  There are plenty of errors and I was reluctant to post pictures after seeing the quality of the firearms built by the folks on this site, but what the heck!

upload my photos

ebay image hosting free

jpg to img

Offline SingleMalt

• One day I'll be considered a good builder.
Re: Sell finished
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 11:42:04 AM »
I think it's well executed. Nothing to be ashamed of posting at all.
Never drink whisky that isn't old enough to vote.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."- Plato

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

Offline BarryE

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 02:13:41 PM »
Thank you sir. Though I have built a number of guns and have been fortunate to know some excellent builders (Brad Emig, Stan Hollenbaugh ,and Mark Wheland to name a few), my time out for about 10 years really was hard to come back from.  This forum and the knowledge I gained from it both educated and inspired me to get back in the groove.  Many thanks to you and the others willing to freely impart their knowledge and experience to all of us still trying to improve our skills.

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 02:17:21 PM »
Looks darn good from here ;D
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline BarryE

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 02:29:58 PM »
Thanks!  I am going to pick up my stock and barrel for the next build this week.  This one is for me, and will be a Schroyer inspired early gun with a Colerain turkey choke barrel.  I'm looking forward to busting a few wattles with it.

Offline Kingsburyarms

• Jon Rider
  • Administrator
  • Jon Rider
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 02:37:40 PM »
Wonderful job - Keep posting - Fantastic job,

Jon

Offline Joe S.

• the other Joe S.
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 02:52:29 PM »
nice job and welcome!

Offline BarryE

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 02:57:41 PM »
I appreciate your kind comments.  Thanks for your work in making posts easier to do.

Offline BarryE

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 02:58:58 PM »
Thanks Joe!

n stephenson

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 03:07:00 PM »
Looks Good!!! 

BackWoods

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 03:53:12 PM »
Very Nice!

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 04:30:03 PM »
  Barry if the mistakes (which I see none) bother you. You can send it to me...! Well done rifle an engraving...Oldtravler

g2608671@verizon.net

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 04:46:02 PM »
Had to laugh at some of the responses as they are all good natured and complementary of your work; and they should be.  This is a lovely  and well executed rifle.  And as someone said, if you are bothered by what you see as its shortcomings or imperfections I would be happy to remove it from your sight.  Trust me, I would take good care if it and it would become my "Precious". # Gollum, Lord of the Rings. 

somehippy

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 08:36:30 PM »
I dig the received portion ahead of the patch box slendering up the wrist, pretty color too.  I like er

Offline BarryE

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2017, 02:37:16 AM »
Thanks to all for your comments.  I'm afraid I can't give her to any of you though because the owner picked her up today.  Sorry.

CavSoldier3ACR

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2017, 05:07:18 AM »
I think it is beautiful.  I home my next build looks that nice.

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2017, 08:12:12 PM »
That rifle looks very nice.  I am sure the owner is a happy camper.  The carving looks pretty and I am sure those matching escutcheons out the fore-end were not a piece-of-cake.  Well done.  Best wishes,   Marc