Author Topic: ARchives?  (Read 3012 times)

J.D.

ARchives?
« on: July 23, 2008, 09:32:31 PM »
Is there any way to currently access the old archives? I understand that the moderators have been working on transferring the archives to this board, but there doesn't appear to be any way to access them.

It may have been a bit premature to close the old site, simply because of the ability to access the archives from that site.

Thanks,
J.D.

Offline Jim Filipski

• Jim W. Filipski  Flintlocks
Re: ARchives?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 09:48:40 PM »
I have to admit I have spent the past two weeks going on the old site & trying to run as many searches as possible for info.
Guess what? the searching ran pretty good toward the end when no one was on the site!
Felt like one of those people in that old Sic Fi Movie "Fahrenheit 451" where all the books were being destroyed and a few people took it upon themself to memorize the volumes to prevent them from being lost!
Jim
" Associate with men of good quality,  if you esteem your own reputation:
for it is better to be alone than in bad company. "      -   George Washington

"A brush of the hand
of Providence is behind what is done with good heart."

Seven

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 10:49:46 PM »
Jim I've been doing the same thing. 
-Chad

Online Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 12:23:53 AM »
I have a copy of the entire database on my PC but its not very user friendly to find info without the related software. I took down the old board in order to close it out before a new billing cycle. It should not be long before we have access to the data. Just be patient.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

J.D.

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 01:36:44 AM »
Thanks Dennis. I have heard that patience is a virtue, but it's one I struggle with.  :)

I do appreciate all of your hard work, and I am sure that everything will work properly in due time.
Thanks,
J.D.