Author Topic: Dixon's  (Read 8918 times)

Offline David Price

• The Flintlock Shop
Dixon's
« on: July 24, 2008, 01:34:36 AM »

I will be leaving for Dixon's Thursday morning.  My table will be set up behind Tip Curtis, I hope all the ALR members will stop by and say hello.  I will have my sharpening system set up to demonstrate sharpening from time to time so bring one of your chisels , gouges, or parting tools that you are having a hard time sharpening.

I am giving a seminar on building the swivel breech rifle at !!:30 on Sunday so if you are interested stop in.

There will be some interesting things at my table this year, including my new book.

Looking forward to seeing all of you.

Online P.W.Berkuta

Re: Dixon's
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 03:32:24 AM »
I for one will be there -- Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. I have you "penciled in" - see you at the Fair  ;) ;)!!!
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline Jim Chambers

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 04:21:22 AM »
The whole Chambers clan is leaving at 7:00 Thursday morning and hope to arrive at Dixon's around 5:00 or 6:00, unload our big box of goodies, grab a bite to eat, sleep a little, and be there early Friday morning to meet everyone.  We're in the big tent below the shop, center isle, second table in from the front.  Come by and say hello even if you don't need anything.

J Shingler

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 05:25:46 AM »
Man ONE more day of work but leaving early to hit the road by 5:00 PM. Drive half way and in before noon Fri. and will be there till afternoon Sun.
Hope to see you there. I will be the tall one! LOL
J Shingler

Offline B Shipman

• W.G. Shipman Gunmaker
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 07:19:16 AM »
We PA guys have it easy. I have about an hours drive for me. I am bonded to my 1999 BMW Z3 roadster. In 2018 it will be the same car. I just stack everything in the front seat with blankets. Every square inch is packed.  Everyone is amused at how many trips it takes to unload this tiny thing. CLA show , same thing. Just 9 hrs. more driving.

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 07:39:59 AM »
My flight leave Seattle at 6:45am Thursday morning.  Get in to Philly about 4:45, drive to my aunts house in NJ where I will eat a New Jersey meal of local corn and tomatoes along with a hot dog or 2.  I will spend the night with her, leave Friday morning and be at Dixon's before noon.  Got a love it.
DMR
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 07:41:05 AM by David Rase »

swordmanjohn

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 11:41:48 AM »
This will be a first for me ,going to Dixons gun makers fair. I too am one of the lucky ones being it should take me about an hour drive to get there.  A few questions though... Is friday a good day to go or is saturday better? Do they sell bp items there (probably a dumb question but like i said its my first time there). Maybe ill bring along my camera and camcorder for this event? Over all it sounds like alot of fun. Hopefully ill see a few of you there.

Offline Rolf

• There's more than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 12:25:37 PM »
David, whats your new book about?

Best regards

Rolfkt

J Shingler

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 01:39:29 PM »
Hey Bill I guess it is the CLA as the easy one for me. About two hrs.

Swordman, Yes Fri. Sat and Sunday! LOL Well at least when you drive 10 or 11 hrs then you just have to go for the whole thing. I would say anything after Fri noon is really good. Sat of course is very busy but then so is the whole time but your best bet is to look up the flyer on Dixons web site and see what seminars that interest you. Plan your time accordingly. Some are offered multiple times but most are a one shot deal.
Jeff

Offline Dale Halterman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 01:41:37 PM »
SMJ,

Friday is not as crowded, but not all the vendors/exhibitors are set up either. And there are fewer seminars. Saturday is pure sensory overload. Guns, people, accoutrements...

I generally try to buy the things I need on Friday, then visit and hit seminars on Saturday.

You can buy just about anything related to black powder you want at the fair.

Camera is probably a good idea, don't know about the camcorder, though.

Dale H

Offline Telgan

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 01:42:15 PM »
Victoria and I will be in he car driving at 03:30 AM and there by 10:30 AM. We've been lookin forward to it all year.  See you all there. Tm

Offline Longshot

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 02:20:24 PM »
I'll be on the trail friday,at daybreak.
Lookin forward to sortin' thru the plunder, and passin' the pipe wit some friendlies.
Bring plenty a plews!
Longshot

George F.

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 02:29:19 PM »
I'm sitting here reading the posts you guys left. A few days ago I made reservations for a campsite for a tent without checking the weekend forecast for the area, and it will not be a dry weekend, and I'm staying in a tent. I guess if I get too wet I can go stretch out in the van. Got go, I gotta pack everything up.  See you guys later. ...Geo.

Offline Larry Luck

• Administrator
  • Larry Luck
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 03:21:25 PM »
I'm driving up early Friday AM. 0400 departure.  Should be at Dixon's by 11.  See you all there.
Looking forward to renewing friendships and making a few more acquaintances from the ALR board.
Won't be the same with out the Canadians, but we will have to make do.
Acer, got any plaid flannel?
Larry Luck

billd

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 04:35:35 PM »
I think I'll sleep in Friday morning, leave about 9:00am, get a coffee and arrive about 10:00.

Bill

Offline Ed Wenger

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 11:02:00 PM »
I'll be leaving Friday morning as well.  Can't wait, and looking forward to seeing you all!  Usually takes me about 4-5 hours...
Ed Wenger

Bob Mac

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 11:40:39 PM »
I'll be leaving Saturday around 7. Should be there by 9:30. Looking forward to catching a few seminars. Need to pick up some furniture for a new build and try to get to know a few members. See you Sat.
Bob

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 01:48:58 AM »
Things looked kinda bleak with Barbara in the hospital...I went there today and had a little 'talk' with a China Doll Doctor. And she finally said 'sure she may go home today' So, I'll leave the Shanty tomorrow 9 ish and get to Chucks around 9:45.
Expect to enter a Haines style 'cussin' rifle and maybe get a 'participant's ribbon for it.

C ya
 ;D