Author Topic: In Memorium : Bruce Miller  (Read 16733 times)

Offline Hurricane ( of Virginia)

• Library_mod
In Memorium : Bruce Miller
« on: February 19, 2018, 10:54:04 PM »
In  Memorium : Bruce Miller
A prominent and longtime contributing member of the American Longrifle.com community of students of the Kentucky Rifle has passed away..  Bruce was fondly known to all as “Nord.”  In his honor and  as a thank you for his contribution of thousands of hours of time over more than 10 years and the addition of his knowledge to the ALR Virtual Llibrary and Museum, we are changing the name of the ALR library to the Bruce “Nord” Miller ALR Memorial Virtual Library of Kentucky rifles”

Bruce would, I’m sure, ask for nothing in return.  I am, however, asking all those who have used and enjoyed the “Library” to consider keeping the spirit and enthusiasm in which he approached this project alive by:
1.   Continuing to contribute photographs of Kentucky rifles to be added and to enhance the “Bruce Miller ALR virtual Library.”  (Send pictures to fgarner@verizon.net)
And/Or
2.   Make a financial contribution to AmericanLongrifles.com to assist in offsetting the cost of perpetuating the Bruce Miller ALR Library. (contact Dennis Glazener .. tdg23113@verizon.net).

Condolences are welcome. I will see that they get to his family.

May he rest in peace!

Thank you
Hurricane
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 07:41:15 PM by Hurricane ( of Virginia) »

Rip

Re: In Memorium : Bruce Miller
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 02:12:02 AM »
I have only today joined the forum but I know that individuals that are expert in their field get that way by dedication and spread the knowledge to others.  I'm sure a man like that will be missed.

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 07:17:44 PM »
The Virtual Library is one of my favourite forums here, and "Nord's" contribution is remarkable.  His passing will definitely be a great loss now and in the future.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

AntiqueGuns

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 04:40:31 AM »
I have known Bruce casually for many years, always a gentleman.  Always willing to help, a very good person

Offline wpalongrifle

• gunmaker/hornsmith
    • mkarkalla.blogspot.com
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 03:47:37 AM »
Bruce was such a wealth of knowledge. He would share all his rifles and point out attributes most overlooked.   
mike karkalla
F&AM Chartiers Valley#725
North American Order of the Beaver
mkarkalla.blogspot.com

Offline Ezra

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 05:40:40 AM »
May our merciful God rest his soul for all eternity and comfort those who loved him.

Ez
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"