Author Topic: Filing Rig  (Read 4266 times)

Offline David R. Pennington

Filing Rig
« on: May 04, 2018, 04:43:22 AM »
I fixed this up so I could have a little filing bench when doing demos. There is a strap wraps around under horn and is clinch nailed to the board. A carraige bolt runs up through hardy hole with a pigtail nut to draw it down. My little antique vise clamps on the end. Pretty sturdy for a little light filing etc.,.

VITA BREVIS- ARS LONGA

Offline Robert Wolfe

• Great X Grandpa
Re: Filing Rig
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 03:25:40 PM »
I like it!
Robert Wolfe
Northern Indiana

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
  • Born in Kentucke, just 250 years late
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 12:05:27 AM »
David,

You sure fix up some cool stuff.

-Ron
Ron Winfield

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun. -Nate McKenzie

galudwig

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 04:36:09 PM »
Neat setup! Love the vise! Is that an original or post vise that has been "repurposed?"  Never seen one like that, but I don't get out much...  ;) Thanks for sharing!

Offline Eric Kettenburg

• Eric Kettenburg
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 05:42:36 PM »
That is a seriously cool idea!
Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 12:33:17 AM »
Neat setup! Love the vise! Is that an original or post vise that has been "repurposed?"  Never seen one like that, but I don't get out much...  ;) Thanks for sharing!
The vise is an original, not sure how old it is but similar ones are illustrated in 18th century tool catalogs.
VITA BREVIS- ARS LONGA

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 02:30:06 AM »
The vise is an original, not sure how old it is but similar ones are illustrated in 18th century tool catalogs.

Do you need one for the other end that is about 1/3 the size of that one? (for filing small parts)
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 03:06:19 AM »
That sounds interesting
VITA BREVIS- ARS LONGA

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 12:37:33 AM »
pm sent with pics of vise
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson