Author Topic: TENNESSEE LongRifle exhibit in the Smoky Mountains  (Read 2887 times)

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

TENNESSEE LongRifle exhibit in the Smoky Mountains
« on: May 07, 2018, 09:28:14 PM »
..... Several collectors (some members in our group) generously agreed to loan out their best for a special limited time exhibit in Townsend Tennessee at the Smoky Mountain Heritage Center,.... Randall Pierce had a great presentation on the opening day of the exhibit, discussing these guns and telling stories of famous Smoky Mountain riflemen and their famous guns,.... big THANK-YOU to all who helped with this exhibit, and strongly recommend a Smoky Mountain vacation this summer, and a visit to this exhibit,.... !!!....Enjoy,.... Regards,... Cades Cove Fiddler  ......

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
Re: TENNESSEE LongRifle exhibit in the Smoky Mountains
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 11:05:01 PM »
Thanks for sharing the pictures.  Enjoyed seeing them, especially the pistols.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline VP

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 03:32:30 AM »
This is the first of its kind exhibit. The Kentucky Rifle Foundation would like to thank all the people that so generously donated their rifles for use in the exhibit. For those that can't make the trip to the Heritage Center the Foundation will at some point in the near future have a CD of all the rifles with measurements that are in the display. It will be announced on this site when it is available.

VP

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 04:04:12 AM »
 ;) ;)...I will be wanting one of those DVD's,....VP,... I also understand a photo book of these guns will be available soon,... !!! ..... I'm sure their photos will be much better than mine made by cell-phone,... !!!

Offline WH1

• Capall Mara Forge Website
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 04:22:32 AM »
I foresee a road trip in the near future.  Thanks for sharing Dana.

Offline WElliott

• member 2
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 05:42:06 AM »
Thanks for the pictures, Dana. I’m sorry I missed Randal’s presentation at the opening. 
Wayne Elliott

Offline j. pease

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 02:33:16 PM »
We happened to be in the Smokies and saw exhibit on Saturday, well worth seeing. I really enjoyed

Offline Greg Pennell

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 02:43:22 PM »
Looks like an incredible display...I’m definitely gonna have to make a trip!  (And, another on the waiting list for the DVD!)

Greg

“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks” Thomas Jefferson

n stephenson

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 03:44:18 PM »
Thanks Fiddler, I HAVE to go see that!   Thanks for posting. Nate

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 04:04:59 PM »
I see they even have the Bogle rifle. I will give my gun builder friend Joe Bogle a heads up. He has made 6 or 7 replicas of this rifle. I think Joe is the grandson 5 or 6 times out from Joseph Bogle.

Online oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 03:17:42 AM »
  Would be interested in that book an DVD also.. Might find of one of those rifles I do say !!!! Thanks CCF for showing !!