Author Topic: Mold and Gun shop  (Read 4913 times)

richs

Mold and Gun shop
« on: July 17, 2018, 06:42:29 PM »
I'm considering buying a flintlock pistol kit sold by Larry Zornes, Mold and Gun Shop in Jackson, Oh and having it built by Paul Hull of the Red Brush Stocks Co. in Jackson, Oh.  Has anyone seen the quality of Mr Hull's work?  I've not seen anything built by him and am concerned.
Thanks,
Rich

Offline Bill Raby

Re: Mold and Gun shop
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 07:01:03 PM »
Build it yourself. No point in paying someone else to do the fun part.

Offline Top Jaw

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 01:04:48 AM »
I have seen a couple of rifles and a smoothbore that Paul H built, and I don't think you would be disappointed.  Fit and finish was well done.  One of the three was carved.   

Offline Craig Wilcox

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 02:42:21 AM »
I keep learning of more and more places selling muzzle loader stuff here in Ohio.  You can tell I have only been here a year.  Few places in Oklahoma!
Thanks for letting me know of one more.
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.

Offline BJH

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 03:47:08 PM »
I’ve done business with Larry Zornes a number of times for parts, and locks. He’s a great fellow to do business with. He makes really nice parts too. BJH
BJH

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 04:26:42 PM »
I’ve done business with Larry Zornes a number of times for parts, and locks. He’s a great fellow to do business with. He makes really nice parts too. BJH

Mould&Gun Shop is a good outfit.The do most if not all lock assembly for R.E.Davis.
I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them.

Bob Roller

richs

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 07:42:58 PM »
Thanks for your comments.  I ordered a pistol today and sent the check.
Rich

Offline t.caster

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 04:15:14 PM »
Mr. Roller, you just solved a minor mystery for me! The French Type "C" lock I got from TOTW has "M/G" and a Z with a sunrise over it, stamped inside. I was pretty sure it was a Davis lock but Track doesn't say. Now I know it is and was assembled by Larry Zorn at M & G Shoppe. It is as well made as any lock I have ever worked with. Strong and fast!
Thanks for the info.

Tom C
Tom C.