Author Topic: Double Hook Breech for Octagon Barrel Combo Gun - Finished!  (Read 2462 times)

Offline T*O*F

Re: Double Hook Breech for Octagon Barrel Combo Gun - Finished!
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2019, 07:36:34 PM »
IF not how to make one?  Square stock, milled after installing on the barrels?  How does it get matted?
My gun won't have a rib.  However, here are some pics of a flat rib from an original gun.  Simple 1/8th" flat stock with bevels filed on the edges and dovetails cut before installation.  Then it's just soldered on.  You can still see solder on the bottom.

Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline Curtis

• Missouri
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2019, 07:04:55 AM »
You could buy the stock for the rib at the hardware store or a farm and home store and just file it up.  It could even be less than 1/8" and work fine.  I used some cold rolled stock like that to make an english trigger guard,  a rib would be much easier.  http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=49349.0

Or if you want less filing buy some better stock at a welding shop or online. 

Curtis
Curtis Allinson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes, late at night when I am alone in the inner sanctum of my workshop and no one else can see, I sand things using only my fingers for backing

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2019, 10:01:17 PM »
With these barrels being inependent of each other will there even be a rib?
Mark
Mark

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2019, 01:11:57 AM »
With these barrels being inependent of each other will there even be a rib?
Read the first sentence of my last reply.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson