Author Topic: Kentucky Rifles of the Great Smoky Mountains book  (Read 2722 times)

Offline Ken G

• F & AM #758
Kentucky Rifles of the Great Smoky Mountains book
« on: September 24, 2019, 02:23:54 PM »
Just got my copy and Wow!  What a great book for the money.  Great information, color photos and high quality pages.  Southern Mt. goodness at its best. 

Thanks Cades Cove Fiddler for the suggestion. 

Cheers,
Ken
Failure only comes when you stop trying.

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

Re: Kentucky Rifles of the Great Smoky Mountains book
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 04:50:34 PM »
 ;) ;)... Ken,... it IS the BEST book we have at this time on the subject,.... however,... there is a rumor that a full-color, coffee table style book on TENNESSEE  RIFLES  is in the works,... I know that many color photos have been taken, and descriptions gathered,... understand that a "high-powered" organization is also backing the project, so it is funded,...it takes time to organize and publish but will be well worth the wait,.... I already have made my "pre-order" request,... !!!....the late Robin Hale had planned one 30 years ago that never materialized,... I have faith that This One will,... keep your fingers crossed for availability in 2020,.... !!! ... glad you are enjoying Randal's book... he is a great guy, and a wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm for TENNESSEE RIFLES,.....regards,.. CCF   

Offline Bob McBride

• TENNESSEE
    • Black Powder TV
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 05:18:29 PM »
Got my copy last week. Super sharp, detailed color pics show details hard to divine from other sources. Very highly recommended.

Offline duca

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 04:21:06 AM »
hey where you guys getting this book from?
Thanks

Duca
...and on the eighth day
God created the Longrifle...

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 04:57:10 AM »
Randal Pierce https://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=50941.0

Lots of good books shown in our Recent Book Forum under classified.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline duca

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2020, 07:14:53 AM »
Thanks sooo much Dennis
...and on the eighth day
God created the Longrifle...

Offline scottmc

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 02:18:40 AM »
It is by far the best book on southern mountain rifles for both color, picture quality and specifications.  I'm using it right now while building a Matthew Gillespie.  However, I must have got a bad one.  All the pages are releasing from the binding and falling out.  I'll probably order another one to replace this one.  Randall personally brought this book to me while I visited the exhibit at the Smokey Mountain Heritage center.  He was the nicest guy I ever met!
Remember Paoli!

Offline Bob McBride

• TENNESSEE
    • Black Powder TV
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 02:31:44 AM »
It is by far the best book on southern mountain rifles for both color, picture quality and specifications.  I'm using it right now while building a Matthew Gillespie.  However, I must have got a bad one.  All the pages are releasing from the binding and falling out.  I'll probably order another one to replace this one.  Randall personally brought this book to me while I visited the exhibit at the Smokey Mountain Heritage center.  He was the nicest guy I ever met!

Great book. I forget who has my copy....I know I got it back from Wade, and that I sent it to some guy who....drat.....

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2020, 02:49:33 AM »
  It's a great book... Indeed. I'm using it right now for a couple projects on the bench...Should have them done soon...! That is after I complete my honey do llist...Only got 393 to go...lol
   Oldtravler

Offline Levy

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2020, 10:35:56 PM »
I agree with Scottmc,  If Randall does another addition of this wonderful book, it needs a better binding.  Mine came apart too, but then I looked at it a lot also.  James Levy
James Levy

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2020, 04:22:16 AM »
I agree with Scottmc,  If Randall does another addition of this wonderful book, it needs a better binding.  Mine came apart too, but then I looked at it a lot also.  James Levy
I took my copy to the UPS store and for less than $5.00  They punched it and spiral wound it for me.  It now opens easily and also lays flat on my bench when using it.  Easy fix.
David

Offline scottmc

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2020, 04:11:33 PM »
Good idea!  I'll try that.
Remember Paoli!