Author Topic: Haugh rifle on TOW  (Read 6295 times)

Offline 44-henry

Haugh rifle on TOW
« on: August 01, 2008, 10:15:15 PM »
If anyone is interested Track of the Wolf has listed one of Jack Haugh's rifles. It appears to be one that is featured in Weil's Contemporary Muzzle Loader book. Maybe I could convince my wife that we need that rifle more than a new car:)

Bioprof

Re: Haugh rifle on TOW
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 06:27:47 AM »
I've never seen anything like that before.   Very unique and beautiful.   Wished that I was independently wealthy; I'd snap it up in a hurry!

northmn

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 10:24:38 PM »
Met one of Haugh's cousins.  He claimed Haugh gave up ML building to build modern guns as at that time there was poor money in ML's.

DP

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 02:54:22 PM »
That gun is featured in Wiel's first contemporary makers book.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Online gibster

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 03:18:10 PM »
There is another one of his rifles listed on the Contemporary Longrifle Association site for sale.  It is quite a bit "less expensive".  It is listed under the Contemporary items for sale.
Gibster

Offline P.Bigham

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 04:44:09 AM »
44 -Henry    Thanks for posting this. I havent looked at T. O. W. for a while .  I was fotune enough to Visit with Jack a while Last winter. If I was a man of means that Rifle would be sold. Superior Workmanship. 
" not all who wander are lost"