Author Topic: Lock plate maker  (Read 1606 times)

Offline eggwelder

Lock plate maker
« on: May 28, 2020, 05:07:43 PM »
Looking to see if anyone recognizes this lock plate from any of the suppliers. Need a screw and a possible guide from the manufacturer for building it-

Offline Hungry Horse

Re: Lock plate maker
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 05:20:09 PM »
 It’s a Northstar, or Northstar West plate. Both companies are out of business I believe.

Hungry Horse

Offline redheart

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 07:02:10 PM »
It’s a Northstar, or Northstar West plate. Both companies are out of business I believe.

Hungry Horse

HH,
I'm not certain , The sitting fox on my Northstar looks stamped in and this one looks cast into the plate, the fox on this one is also less detailed. I've never known HH to be wrong about anything and am hoping that this is a first.
;)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 07:09:52 PM by redheart »

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 12:21:29 AM »
It may be able to incorporate a complete set of Siler parts both internally
and externally.Worth a look.
Bob Roller

Offline eggwelder

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 02:05:53 AM »
 The circle fox is cast in, and i have all the parts in rough castings. Have built a small Siler from the same state before, but it came with Jim Chambers instructions, including drill bit sizes and tap sizes.

Offline Clint

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 04:57:08 AM »
Use number 8 screws to put the lock together. Start by fitting the tumbler to the plate. You can locate the tumbler hole by measuring the distance from the center of the flintcock to the lower jaw and transfering the length to the plate. (from the top edge of the fence to the center of the plate). After that it will go together like a tough puzzle. If you get stuck, sing out.
Clint

Offline little joe

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 05:50:00 PM »
I think the plate is from Upper Missouri Trading Post in Nebraska Doc. Carlson and wife ran it. 1970 and 1980 and later.

Offline Hudnut

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 03:02:32 AM »

The bottom lock has a lockplate from the Upper Missouri Trading Company.  Only the lockplate, not the other parts.