Author Topic: Youth/Female Pedersoli Flint Questions  (Read 1236 times)

Offline RANGER94

Youth/Female Pedersoli Flint Questions
« on: September 30, 2020, 02:49:24 PM »
Hello Everyone,

A life long family friend is getting up in there in age, and gave my 13 year old daughter, his deceased wife’s flintlock.  It is a Pedersoli flintlock, .50 caliber, made in Italy.  Top of barrel is stamped EUROARMS OF AMERICA. I believe it was purchased by them in the late 1970s, or early 1980s. Does anyone know what specific model this is?  Serial number is:  020XXX.  Any idea on the year of manufacture?  It is in very good condition.  My daughter, (who shoots my CVA .32 squirrel rifle, is itching to shoot it).  We cannot wait for PA Flintlock season!  This will become a family heirloom.

Thanks!!!
Ranger94

Offline bones92

• If it was easy, everyone would do it.
Re: Youth/Female Pedersoli Flint Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 04:22:09 PM »
I don't think Euroarms of America is necessarily a Pedersoli-made gun.  However, these early reproduction rifles are quite nice for the price, and particularly for youths and women for whom a full-size rifle may be too heavy.    I believe Euroarms later came up with a similar design called the Kentuckian.  They're all fairly similar.   Assuming everything was maintained and cleaned correctly, this should give your daughter a lifetime of enjoyable shooting.  There may be a date code in the form of either roman numerals or two letters in a box.

http://shootingwithhobie.blogspot.com/2011/03/italian-black-powder-arms-manufacturing.html
If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Offline RANGER94

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 07:56:56 PM »
Hello bones92 - that was extremely helpful!  This flintlock has proof mark of AD, which means made in 1978, which is about right on the money.

Also:  Davide Pedersoli, one of Italy's oldest manufacturers has had three logos since 1957. The earliest was a diamond inside a circle. This is rarely seen. This mark was followed by the image of an anvil with PEDERSOLI above it in capital letters and the initials DAP inside the anvil. This again is rarely seen, except on very early models. The company logo, a lowercase dp within an oval, has been used for more than 40 years. This logo is often followed by the DAVIDE PEDERSOLI or PEDERSOLI name in capital letters. In short, there is no mistaking a Pedersoli product!

This Flintlock has the image of the anvil with PEDERSOLI above it and initials DAP inside the anvil.  Again - very helpful

I sent am email to Pedersoli with anymore information they could provide.

Thanks again for the help!!!

Offline bones92

• If it was easy, everyone would do it.
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 06:20:15 PM »
Ahh, I see.  Since it is doubtlessly a Pedersoli, I'd say you have a nice rifle.   Euroarms of America was/is an importer, not a maker, though whose products they imported depends on what period of time is applicable.

Should be a very nice rifle.   How long is the barrel (from muzzle to where the tang butts up to the barrel)?
If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 10:53:57 PM »
That rifle looks very similar to the "Dixie Cub" by Pedersoli; I bought one 20 or so years ago.  It may not be Pedersoli built, I don't know, but it is styled like the "Cub".  I have a Euroarms percussion with only the word, "Italy" very lightly stamped on the trigger guard.
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.