Author Topic: "Safety" Primer  (Read 1110 times)

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
"Safety" Primer
« on: February 09, 2021, 06:26:22 AM »
I posted a primer like this previously and one of the members here asked me to make one for him.  This is a slightly different version but it has the same type of full diameter lacquered leather blow-out plug closing out the back end.  It only takes a few psi internally to blow out the plug, so this one can't explode on you.....it might be a momentary flame thrower, but no shrapnel.

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

Offline Marcruger

Re: "Safety" Primer
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 06:31:52 PM »
It looks beautiful sir.  Very functional art.   Two thumbs up.  God Bless,   Marc

Offline skillman

• The Usual Suspect
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 06:29:16 PM »
I think the leather plug is a good idea. I've always liked this type of primer but quit using them. This may make me re-think them.

Steve
Steve Skillman

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 01:18:06 AM »
Skillman,

You don't even need to go to the trouble of the leather plug and varnish.....just use a cork.  I just like to do things the hard way...:)

Dave C
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2021, 02:13:06 AM »
I just drilled a 1/2" hole in the body of mine and covered it with a leather patch and CA.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.