Author Topic: June Smoothbore Match  (Read 3056 times)

Offline P.Bigham

Re: June Smoothbore Match
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2021, 02:46:36 AM »
I agree the white center throws me off. I think if it was reversed it would give you a better center to anchor on.   Similar to aiming at a freshly painted large gong.
" not all who wander are lost"

Offline alacran

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2021, 01:47:19 PM »
Going to be on the rod for two or three days. I will finalize this months shoot when I get home. Thanks to all who participated.
A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.  Frederick Douglass

Offline Denny

• Starting Member
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2021, 04:36:41 AM »
This is NOT an official entry into the June Smoothbore Covid Match. However, I wanted to post a target in support of the match and the hard work you all do to keep the match alive.

Due to a lot of life issues way beyond my control, I haven't shot 20 round balls through my Northwest trade gun, "Old Turkey Feathers," in the last three years. I've made an honest effort to enter this match since last fall. I have a pile of blank targets in my ALR folder.

All I wanted for Father's Day was a couple hours at the range, but of course it didn't happen. So tonight I treated myself to a "late Father's Day gift." Miss Tami and I had to shoo two fawns off the range, which was a treat. I shot three targets. It was 80 degrees with 90 percent humidity, but we both had a great time. I thought I would post one of my efforts to support the cause.

This is a 19 gauge Northwest trade gun, a modest charge of fffg Goex black powder, .610 bare round ball wadded with wide-bladed grass, shot at 25 yards, NMLRA offhand rules, no rear sight. If I understand the scoring, this target is 14 points.

Thanks for letting me participate, be safe and may God bless you all,
Denny

Offline alacran

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2021, 02:05:05 PM »
 Once again Bob is the winner of the smooth bore match. He posted a score of 19. Thanks to every one who shot the match. That target is not as easy as one would think at 25 yards. Denny glad you finally were able to get out and play.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 02:10:08 PM by alacran »
A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.  Frederick Douglass

Offline bob in the woods

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2021, 03:15:47 PM »
Thanks.  The target posted by Denny was 1 shot away from winning !   Good shooting  :)  That was a killer target posted by Alacran .  It shows what these smoothies will do in the right hands  :)
I had hoped that there would be a lot more entries, since we were back to 25 yards. I guess summer is here and folks are busy. Hopefully we can pick this up again in the Fall if there is interest enough.

Offline Maven

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2021, 05:35:44 PM »
Congratulations bob, that was excellent shooting!
Paul W. Brasky