Author Topic: Source for Jim Whisker's books  (Read 2849 times)

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
Source for Jim Whisker's books
« on: September 22, 2021, 05:22:02 AM »
I am not sure how many of you are aware that Dr. James Bise Whisker is now 100% out of selling books or handling his well known books on American Longrifles/gunsmiths I am sure some of you have gaps in you libraries that can now be filled with one or more of his many longrifle books.

Here are a few that are now available on Amazon.com :

Revisions of GUNSMITHS OF LOUISIANA and GUNSMITHS OF GEORGIA
Gunsmiths of Eastern PA, 2 volumes Gunsmiths of Western PA
Rhode Island Gunsmiths
TEXAS GUNSMITHS

Some books are tiny, such as Gunsmiths of Nebraska
Most of the gunsmiths books have few pictures but contain excellent data on gunsmiths.

Two that Jim reccomends :
Gunsmiths of Missouri
Gunsmiths of Ohio
because of their cost + completeness.

Lastly but very important, Jim's royalties are directed to Physicians w/o Borders
or Sudan Relief Fund

To see which of Jim's books are currently available on Amazon go to : www.amazon.com and in the search field enter : James Biser Whisker you should get a list of the books he has on Amazon.com.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 10:21:55 PM by Dennis Glazener »
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
Re: Source for Jim Whisker's books
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 09:15:07 PM »
For those of you with an interest in Maryland long rifles and their makers, you may be interested in the latest book by Dr. James B. Whisker, Gunsmiths, and GUnmakers of Maryland. I just received my copy and @ $14.95 per copy from Amazon.com, it's a great buy. It contains 228 pages of information on known Gunsmiths and Gunmakers of Maryland. Below is the ordering information:

https://www.amazon.com/Gunsmiths-Gunmakers-Maryland-James-Whisker/dp/B0BG5T43ZM/ref=sr_1_1?crid=EJNWVZHGU2TO&keywords=isbn+9798354068777&qid=1665424968&sprefix=isbn+9798354068777%2Caps%2C64&sr=8-1
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson