Author Topic: Need help with this J. Harder Lockhaven PA 3 barrel gun  (Read 595 times)

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
Need help with this J. Harder Lockhaven PA 3 barrel gun
« on: April 26, 2022, 12:22:24 AM »
Back in September 20, 2012, a former member with the user name "Setter" posted the information below. One of our members is writing a book on the Harder family of gunmakers and would like to find the museum where the mentioned rifle was at that time. If anyone has any information they can share please reply to this post or send me a PM.
Thanks,
Dennis

I am associated with a museum and we just received a swivel three-barrel gun much like the one shown here in the previous post. The barrels are all stamped J. Harder Lockhaven PA. The condition is quite good but has a broken top mounting tang. I would like to know a bit more about the gun as to age and any other information such as value/rarity. Should I try to repair the broken tang by welding/soldering, not for use, just for display and handling to prevent further damage. The piece is not ever to be sold as it is a donation and will become a permanent part of our collection. I would like the information so that we may properly identify and accession the article. I would be most happy to send pictures if anyone would be willing or able to help us out. This is the only place I have found with any information at all on this swivel three barrel gun. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson