Author Topic: Ric Lambert Lexington Rifle  (Read 2128 times)

Offline TN Longhunter

Ric Lambert Lexington Rifle
« on: May 23, 2022, 03:05:43 PM »
I'm posting this to for multiple reasons. 1) to show off, 2) to give Ric some add space, 3) because I saw a new post yesterday morning about a Lambert rifle with several replies and then it disappeared. Was I dreaming? Anyway, here is a .40 cal made in the Lexington Style I picked up some years back from Ric. Went to look at another rifle he had that had been posted on here and walked away broke when I made a multiple purchase. Back to the rifle, a trim little rifle that handles like a dream.

Don Spires
Tennessee Longhunters
Patron Life NRA
NMLRA
CLA

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
Re: Ric Lambert Lexington Rifle
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 03:38:11 PM »
  Ric is a VERY gifted gun builder... Plus an outstanding photographer... Thanks for showing..    Oldtravler

Offline Dave R

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 04:03:34 PM »
And Ric’s a super good fella!!

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 04:18:45 PM »
Nifty. I was going to build a couple of those but lost my steam. :P I need to get my act together and cast some of those boxes.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 04:58:55 PM »
Ric Lambert was the man that got the last two flintlocks I made in 2019 and there have been no more since then.I delivered them to him at the 2019 CLA show in Lexington Ky.One of them did have a re-enforced cock.
The Elwell lock Chris Hirsch showed to us has a mechanism very similar to that odd caplock I made for Larry Vaden and it was a close facsimile. Total but functional simplicity.
Bob Roller

Offline Robin Henderson

• AKA "Wobblyshot"
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 06:49:44 PM »
Ric and his wife Pamela are fine folks. I think he likes to refer to himself as a gun stocker instead of a builder. He does a great job recreating the American longrifle. His wife is quite talented as well with her fraktur drawings and I believe also a master gardener.
Flintlock is the only truly reliable source of ignition in a muzzle loader.

Offline frankie

• Starting Member
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2022, 04:02:37 AM »
very nice

Offline B.Barker

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2022, 08:33:17 AM »
 Ric makes some neat rifles. I really like one of his iron mounted rifles he usually brings to shows.

Offline BOB HILL

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2022, 01:39:10 PM »
I enjoyed visiting with  Ric at the Knoxville show this spring. He certainly is a fine gentleman and very talented artist.
Bob
South Carolina Lowcountry