Author Topic: new video - wood, shop updates etc.  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
new video - wood, shop updates etc.
« on: September 16, 2022, 04:00:14 PM »

Offline prairieofthedog

Re: new video - wood, shop updates etc.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 06:12:18 PM »
Awesome operation and Products Jim. Quality sells!! For you or any gun builders out there,would gun builders of the 1700's sell a flawed stock as long as it was structurally sound? I can see if it was a commissioned piece they would not allow flaws. But i can't see many SMR builders chucking a piece of wood in the pot belly for a bark inclusion or mineral stain. Keep up the videos Jim they are really informative.

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 06:13:44 PM »
Awesome operation and Products Jim. Quality sells!! For you or any gun builders out there,would gun builders of the 1700's sell a flawed stock as long as it was structurally sound? I can see if it was a commissioned piece they would not allow flaws. But i can't see many SMR builders chucking a piece of wood in the pot belly for a bark inclusion or mineral stain. Keep up the videos Jim they are really informative.

Patches and fixes in stocks were common and considered perfectly acceptable, even in high end European work. 

Jim

Offline prairieofthedog

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2022, 06:26:38 PM »
Thanks, Jim for the quick answer. Didn't think they threw away much that could be fixed.

Offline Carl Young

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2022, 12:05:39 AM »
Very interesting and exciting Jim. I refer to your successful business often in my MBA classes to make the point that with effort, determination and skill you and Katherine have created a fantastic business. You have used your ingenuity to make a business out of an idea, and it is an inspiration.

If you will allow me, I am proud of you both, though I had nothing to do with your success. I hope to visit one day and see these wonders of creativity for myself.

Best regards,
Carl
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses. -Juvenal

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2022, 12:34:44 AM »
 That is Really Cool, Thanks for the walk about, it has to be Exciting, What a Job!

Tim

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2022, 03:16:18 AM »
Little bits of excitement, but mostly just a lot of @!*% work!

Offline Fly Navy

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2022, 07:22:43 AM »
All of these videos are very informative and I have learned a lot from them. Thanks for taking the time to do them.

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2022, 09:02:55 PM »
Very interesting and exciting Jim. I refer to your successful business often in my MBA classes to make the point that with effort, determination and skill you and Katherine have created a fantastic business. You have used your ingenuity to make a business out of an idea, and it is an inspiration.

If you will allow me, I am proud of you both, though I had nothing to do with your success. I hope to visit one day and see these wonders of creativity for myself.

Best regards,
Carl

Thank you so much.  Your kind words mean a lot to Katherine and me.  We would love to have you visit sometime.  Just let us know! 

Jim