Author Topic: The new Hunting Firearms Book from Erhard Wolf  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Monty59

The new Hunting Firearms Book from Erhard Wolf
« on: November 26, 2022, 12:53:24 PM »
Hello, I have here the information about the new book by Erhard Wolf !

Erhard Wolf, member of the NMLRA and author of the book "Flintlock Jaeger Rifles, Masterpieces of Eighteenth-Century Gunmkers",
has published another comprehensive illustrated book entitled " Hunting Firearms, Artworks of Gunsmiths from the 17th to the 19th Century.
Information about the book can be found at the following website:

https://jaegerbuechsen.com/en/home-2/

Monty

Online Bill Paton

Re: The new Hunting Firearms Book from Erhard Wolf
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 09:50:37 PM »
Monty,

It looks like the book is written in German as his last wonderful book is. Maybe Eric Bye, Bob Roller, or some other German speaker would translate this one, too?

The cost is high, but not unreasonable for all 604 pages of the superb quality of Erhard’s work. I hope the shipping costs might be brought down by one of our American ML shops to help make the work more affordable to us. I’ll be first in line to get one!

Bill Paton
Kentucky double rifle student
wapaton.sr@gmail.com

Offline Monty59

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 12:34:35 PM »
Hello Bill, yes it is not cheap but there are really excellent pictures in it and great descriptions. And that's the problem, it's a very small edition and the costs have increased immensely. With this book, he even did without the hard cardboard where the first book is inserted, which otherwise made it expensive.

Monty

Offline James Rogers

• James Rogers
    • Fowling Piece
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 02:00:34 PM »
Wonderful!

Offline alacran

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2022, 03:45:43 PM »
The Euro is trading at $1.04 currently so the time to buy is now. Unsure of how to get funds to the given bank.
I have his first book with Byes translation. The photos are worth the price. Mr. Byes translation makes it that much better.
A lot of the descriptions are easier to read in English rather than struggling with my High School German.
It has helped my German vocabulary when it comes to guns.
A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.  Frederick Douglass

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2022, 01:51:15 AM »
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ron Scott

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2022, 06:37:57 PM »
You will find a web page address for the book in Dennis's post. That site has all the details about how to order.

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2022, 05:56:34 PM »

Added information:
It has come to my attention that Erhard's has a few of his first book about Jaegerrifles that are also for sale, see below for ordering information. Dennis

The first book costs 145$ the shipping costs are already included.
You can also order and pay for it on my new website. But the customer should explicitly state that he wants to order my first book.

Kind Regards
Erhard

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Carl Young

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2022, 12:35:16 AM »
I want to order Erhard's new book, but don't know how to transfer funds securely from my bank or credit card. Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks,
Carl
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses. -Juvenal

Offline lexington1

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2022, 01:13:19 AM »
I am interested as well, but a little confused by the transfer of funds.

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2022, 01:21:47 AM »
PayPal is,the easiest but not sure that is,an option.
Credit card works well on international purchases.
Dennis

Offline Carl Young

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2022, 01:26:45 AM »
Dennis, thanks for the reply. I do not see an option for Paypal, or a credit card payment. All I see is an option for direct transfer to his bank account through an international bank to bank IBAN transfer, which I cannot find any info for on any of my several bank accounts.

Thanks,
Carl
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses. -Juvenal

Offline James Rogers

• James Rogers
    • Fowling Piece
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2022, 02:52:39 AM »

You will need to go in to your bank and request an international wire transfer to his account using the information he's provided. 
There will probably be a charge from your bank and maybe a conversion charge.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 02:56:53 AM by James Rogers »

Offline Nailcreek

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2022, 05:21:58 AM »
Agreed, his payment process isn't the easiest or best, but it's what he requires.  I'm heading over to the bank next week to facilitate the funds transfer.

UPDATE ... I've tried a couple different methods to transfer funds, without any luck.  Both xe.com and xoom.com decline the transaction.  A trip to the bank this week has been scheduled.

It's unfortunate that it's this difficult to purchase his book.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 03:42:51 AM by Nailcreek »

Online Bill Paton

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2022, 09:06:59 PM »
GOOD NEWS ON BUYING THIS BOOK!

Erhard Wolf found Wise Transfer Company that works at a reasonable rate. Here is the link:  https://wise.com   
I opened their site and registered with them quite easily. They charged only about $7 for the service. Unlike the other transfer company I tried, this site was helpful, straight forward, and made success easy. Use Erhard’s info below for the WISE site.

178 € per book to following bank account:

account owner: Erhard Wolf

IBAN: DE82 6005 0101 7006 6120 93

BIC: SOLADEST600

A debit card was cheaper to use than a credit card. I am eager to see the book, and it is on the way now!

Bill Paton
Kentucky double rifle student
wapaton.sr@gmail.com

Offline Nailcreek

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2022, 03:32:02 AM »
Agreed ... it appears that the wise.com site is the best option.  Using your bank is probably the most expensive and onerous option, so I'm glad he found this.