Author Topic: Ohio Flintlock Rendezvous  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Silky921

Ohio Flintlock Rendezvous
« on: March 22, 2023, 05:01:09 AM »
Hey all,
We're doing our 65th annual Spring Rendezvous in Sarahsville Ohio the weekend of April 27th.

We have all sorts of shooting activities for both rifles and smoothbores. Woods walk, trap, x-boards blanket match, a long range King George shot, pistol, and even one just for the Old F@#$S

It's a great time to shoot some flintlocks and camp at a beautiful spot with some good guys. You're welcome to come day trip and get the lay of the land too.

PM with any questions or concerns.
Thanks.

-Eric-

« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 01:58:57 PM by Silky921 »

Offline Wil

• Starting Member
Re: Ohio Flintlock Rendezvous
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 11:50:00 AM »
Thanks for the notification. Unfortunately, that is a little far for me to travel. I am up her around Youngstown, Ohio. Sure wish I could find some muzzleloading enthusiasm closer by around here. I'd love to go on some wood's walks.

Offline ScottNE

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 08:14:12 PM »
Never heard heard of a King George Shoot -- what is that?

Offline RonT

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 08:48:40 PM »
Assume 80 qualifies for 'Old @$#%', first timer dress code is a bonus*, but I do prefer to "soften fouling" via moist air introduction if allowed.  Would like to attend.
Cheers,
R
* can do 'Hill Jack' Alvin York-ish, Bibs, sleeveless shirt and wide tie.   
Spes Mea in Deo Est

Offline Frank Barker

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 09:43:15 PM »
A King George Shoot is a profile of King George who had a very prolific nose. The object is to shoot off his protruding beak.. It is a fun novelty match.

Kind Regards
Frank Barker

Offline MuskratMike

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 10:41:23 PM »
Sounds like a great soot. Hope it is a great success!
"Muskrat" Mike McGuire
Keep your eyes on the skyline, your flint sharp and powder dry.

Offline Silky921

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2023, 01:34:49 AM »
Assume 80 qualifies for 'Old @$#%', first timer dress code is a bonus*, but I do prefer to "soften fouling" via moist air introduction if allowed.  Would like to attend.
Cheers,
R
* can do 'Hill Jack' Alvin York-ish, Bibs, sleeveless shirt and wide tie.

Age for the Old !@#$% is 65 so you're good and you're welcome to come shoot.  We're not huge sticklers on the rules, just want people to come have fun.

Our King George match is a longer undisclosed distance with the target on his derriere, just one shot per person at it. It's really a fun that we all shoot together.

I'm happy to answer any other questions.

Offline RonT

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2023, 02:34:09 AM »
Thank you for the reply Silky.  I’ve passed this info on to other members of our club, The Mansfield Muzzleloading Rifle Club.
Cheers,
 R
Spes Mea in Deo Est

Offline Jeff Murray

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2023, 04:34:31 AM »
Greatly expanded shoot program from the old days when X's on shingles were the only match.  Won some great prizes back in the 70's when I lived in Ohio (and had young eyes).  Have some pretty fun memories from the walk in camps and events that mostly stayed at the shoot.

Offline Silky921

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2023, 04:48:37 AM »
Thank you for the reply Silky.  I’ve passed this info on to other members of our club, The Mansfield Muzzleloading Rifle Club.
Cheers,
 R

Thank you, I appreciate that. We've camped at the fort in Belleville not too far from them. Have had alot of fun there over the years. Beautiful woods there too.

Offline BillS

• Starting Member
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2023, 08:02:06 PM »
Best wishes for the rendezvous !  I think my first was in 1964 in a woods near Wapakoneta, Ohio.  I met Jack Haugh there and shot with John Anspaugh, Scott Murray, and others who have passed on now.  I believe Dan Augenstine was the secretary then and seem to remember a newsletter.  Later college and work stopped my attendance but glad to see it is still going.

Offline Silky921

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2023, 11:38:02 PM »
Those are some of the original members from the start of the club. Talk about a blast from the past. Club is still doing well but we're always looking for new members to join.

Speaking of Wapak, we'll be having our fall rendezvous in that area this October.

Offline Silky921

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2023, 04:31:28 AM »
Reminder for anyone that may be interested that we're camping in eastern Ohio this weekend. You're welcome to come check it out. It's a great group of people at a lovely property.