Author Topic: New video - Carving available for purchase  (Read 3017 times)

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
New video - Carving available for purchase
« on: June 24, 2023, 12:13:15 AM »

Many  of you guessed it--we are using our CNC experience and combining it with Jim's carving skill to offer the only carved flintlock kit available.  I will get right into the details.

The introductory add-on price is $375.  It is an option on the online store or customers can call or email Bree with an order info@kiblerslongrifles.com or 330-551-5844. www.kiblerslongrifles.com

It is only available on the Woodsunner kit and is only available while it is being made (unfortunately, we can't carve stocks once that have been removed from the machine).

We have one design currently available although this will definitely grow and change over time and we will develop new variants. Jim will tweak the design as time goes on. As we come up with new models, Jim will design a carving (or more) for these. You can still get the kit un-carved, although you can't pick and choose elements of the carving that you want or "design your own".

Offline TDM

Re: New video - Carving available for purchase
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2023, 01:08:59 AM »
Thanks Jim.

Offline Preacher Dave

• Starting Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2023, 02:47:58 AM »
This is a lot to take in, thank you for sharing your efforts, experience, and vision with us. 

I like the idea of migrating this to other new products. Looking forward to the Fowler, too.

Offline Karl Kunkel

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2023, 03:54:44 AM »
Intrigued by the future offering of a simpler, less adorned relief carved version.
Kunk

Offline Frank

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2023, 11:26:24 PM »
Intrigued by the future offering of a simpler, less adorned relief carved version.

Ditto.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2023, 01:58:26 AM »
Cool beans man. That could be turned into raised relief carving PDQ.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline jrb

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2023, 02:39:18 AM »
Great stuff !  and Doggies too!

Offline Hunterdude

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2023, 05:24:23 AM »
Just Love it!!
  I will likely go with the more simple carved Woodsrunner,(but who knows, once i see the simple one, i may find i prefure the current!)
And would enjoy a Fancy carved Fowler + Silver when ever it happens! (Just my personal preferance is simple rifles and fancy scatter guns) All this will have to wait till i get in my new home, just trying to get my 1 tiny vote in early!  :D
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 06:33:02 AM by Hunterdude »

Offline Curtis

• Missouri
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2023, 08:54:56 AM »
That is Awesome, thanks for sharing Jim!

Curtis
Curtis Allinson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes, late at night when I am alone in the inner sanctum of my workshop and no one else can see, I sand things using only my fingers for backing

Offline Metequa

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2023, 06:43:54 PM »
Nice!

Offline t.caster

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2023, 06:55:43 PM »
Is your CNC limited to incise carving or will you be, or are you, experimenting with raised carving in the future?
Tom C.

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2023, 07:01:53 PM »
Is your CNC limited to incise carving or will you be, or are you, experimenting with raised carving in the future?

Incised carving works very well with the design and manufacturing process.  Raised carving can be done as well, but in some ways is more difficult.  I have plans for some relief work pretty soon, though.  It’s going to be pretty cool, at least I think.

The Fowler we have in the works will have proper shell and lock molding relief carving.

Offline Feltwad

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2023, 07:41:46 PM »
Carving looks well but is it there to catch the buyer and does it help the gun shoot better at the end of the day it is just a repro .Give me a original sxs by an English maker built by  old craftsmen  with no carving which  still shoots well after 200 years of use .
Feltwad

Offline Eric Kettenburg

• Eric Kettenburg
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2023, 08:27:47 PM »
Wondering how long before thread derailment....  :o

(Very cool work and I'll be even more interested to see how potential raised carving turns out.  Popcorn ready!)
Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!

Offline Grischi

• Youtube: 'Ist das Kunst oder kann das weg?'
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2023, 08:28:59 PM »
Carving looks well but is it there to catch the buyer and does it help the gun shoot better at the end of the day it is just a repro .Give me a original sxs by an English maker built by  old craftsmen  with no carving which  still shoots well after 200 years of use .
Feltwad

What a comment. None of the decorations helps shooting better. Not at originals, not at reproductions, no matter if hand crafted or machine assisted made.
It's just a good opportunity for people not able to carve like Michelangelo  to get a nice looking gun.

Christian

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2023, 09:30:02 PM »
  To the negative people. Jim Kibler is a hard working individual. Why some of you bash what he is trying to do for the muzzle loading community is Pathetic....   Oldtravler

Offline TDM

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2023, 10:12:55 PM »
Feltwad

What a comment. None of the decorations helps shooting better. Not at originals, not at reproductions, no matter if hand crafted or machine assisted made.
It's just a good opportunity for people not able to carve like Michelangelo  to get a nice looking gun.

Christian

Agree.

Offline TDM

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2023, 10:13:44 PM »
  To the negative people. Jim Kibler is a hard working individual. Why some of you bash what he is trying to do for the muzzle loading community is Pathetic....   Oldtravler

Agree.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2023, 10:59:00 PM »
Feltwad
Better file all that trashy engaving of of those guns, it doesn't help them shoot any better.  ::)
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Hunterdude

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2023, 01:41:52 AM »
Jim, can you share any info or teasers on where the Fowler kit is currently at? Thanks!

Offline Martin S.

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2023, 02:06:44 AM »
Jim, can you share any info or teasers on where the Fowler kit is currently at? Thanks!

How about some teasers on the Hawken kit?

Offline Eric Kettenburg

• Eric Kettenburg
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2023, 02:08:01 AM »
I need more popcorn.  And beer.
Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!

Offline flatsguide

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2023, 04:47:25 AM »
I’m sure the future will be relief carving combined with the current “incised” carving. Then we will see steel CNC engraving like your name on a barrel flat but what I want to know now is where to get that cool “ Flintlock “ “T” shirt.
Cheers Richard

Offline t.caster

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2023, 04:38:39 PM »
I'm waiting for the government to mandate Electric flintlocks by 2030 to save the planet. Oh, now I'm in trouble!
Tom C.

Offline axelp

• TomBob Outdoors, LLC.
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2023, 05:23:34 PM »
Pretty amazing computer work Jim. Truly it is very cool stuff, But please don't take offense... I like your hand work better... K
Galations 2:20