Author Topic: John Showalter rifle. Brookville PA  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
John Showalter rifle. Brookville PA
« on: October 10, 2023, 02:34:09 PM »

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Paul from KY

• Starting Member
Re: John Showalter rifle. Brookville PA
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2023, 10:56:56 PM »
Is the striping painted on?

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2023, 03:28:52 AM »
No, it’s curl
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline RAT

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2023, 03:23:54 AM »
I used to live about 20 miles from Brookville. It was a center for gunmaking in that part of the state.
Bob

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2023, 02:44:38 PM »
I used to live about 20 miles from Brookville. It was a center for gunmaking in that part of the state.

Brookville had several gunsmiths. John Showalter, Anthony Bonnet, Wm McCullough, Abraham Burkett etc