Author Topic: New book now available -- Historic Arms of Early New York  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
New book now available -- Historic Arms of Early New York
« on: October 13, 2023, 12:31:46 AM »
I am posting this information just in case some of our members have an interest in purchasing this book for their library.

The book was published last year by Ron White of Freeville, NY. Ron is the son of Wes White who put together several manuscripts, mostly dealing with the Kentucky Rifle. Unfortunately, Wes died (in 2007 at the age of 97) before the manuscript was published.

Ron published this book using his Dad's most developed manuscript, the book is entitled Historic Arms of Early New York .  The book is heavily illustrated (click on this URL to view parts of the book:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ar3i10IHR9WfgdAZ4AeAUpY4y-tGXw?e=Dya8vD

The book is currently only available at Amazon.com:  Historic Arms of Early New York: 1640 to 1850: White, Mr Wester A., White, Mr. Ronald A.: 9780578383729: Amazon.com: Books. The Amazon price is currently at $46.81. 

This winter Ron plans to develop a hardcover version of this book and include some color images and updates.

As of this date, there has been NO advertisement of this book, only mentioned by word-of-mouth. Thanks to Ron White for making me aware of this very interesting book.

Dennis Glazener
ALR Moderator
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 01:36:04 PM by Dennis Glazener »
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson