Author Topic: Guns for sale  (Read 8385 times)

Offline Tenmile

Re: Guns for sale
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2024, 03:38:44 AM »
I was in the architectural millwork business for 40 years and I never got tired of the work. I worked until I was 76 and sold the business. I still visit the shop and see old friends. One of the things I liked was being able to set aside interesting pieces of hardwood lumber. We used all kinds of lumber, both domestic and exotic, lots of maple, oak, and mahogany. I made several rifles from lumber that I saved. I was as interested in my work the last day as I was the first. Men like Mike and Bob Roller had to keep that same interest or they couldn’t have kept doing the quality work they did.
Lynn

Offline Nazgul

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2024, 01:41:09 PM »
I fixed forklifts on the road for 40 years. Hard, heavy, dirty work. I liked meeting new people and getting hard things accomplished. It paid well and put 3 daughters thru college after my wife of 24 years died from cancer. It never defined who I was other than a hard worker. Remarried to the love of my life a couple years before I retired and we are having a ball.

I walked out at 62 and never looked back. Miss some people but avoid mechanical work. Building my own rifles now and have 4 of them in various stages of completion.  Building a new house that is very isolated, good deer hunting and lots of room to shoot. Fighting arthritis and neuropathy but I stop whenever I need to.

Don

Offline Tenmile

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2024, 08:04:00 PM »
Amen Don. It’s been a good game. I did manual labor and that’s probably why we’re still going.
Lynn