Author Topic: Nother folder  (Read 572 times)

Offline B.Barker

Nother folder
« on: April 08, 2024, 03:54:42 AM »
Here is one of my folders that is just about finished. I make this style pretty often and have made brass templets of the blade and liner. I also put the original I copied in the photos with my rendering.

free fonts copy paste

Offline okieboy

Re: Nother folder
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 04:09:12 AM »
 Absolutely lovely (as all of your work).
 May I ask, how do you go about getting tension between the blade and the spring. Is it designed in or does it require fit and file?
Okieboy

Offline B.Barker

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2024, 04:52:33 AM »
If I pulled the knife apart and showed the spring laying against the liner you would see that it is bent downward. I ment to take a photo of that before I fastened everything together. But as usual I got in a bit of a hurry and forgot. I need to make another for myself because mine is getting pretty worn. Maybe I'll remember to get a photo of that one. The blade and spring have to be fitted carefully so the spring isn't to long or short.

Offline TDM

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 03:43:50 AM »
Both are beautiful folders! Very nice work.

Offline axelp

• TomBob Outdoors, LLC.
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2024, 05:51:37 PM »
Nice. I'd like to see you do a "running hound dog" folder similar to the one created by Kyle Willard a few years back. You may have seen it. I loved that knife so much. (I even drew a plan for a lock blade version just for fun). I considered making one myself but sadly, I am a pretty fair to middlin draftsman, but have zero skills otherwise and know it would be a waste of materials for me to try.

Ken

Galations 2:20

Offline B.Barker

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2024, 04:53:07 AM »
Thanks guys.
Ken, I know the knife you are talking about. It's a pretty cool knife but I'm not wanting to get that crazy at this time.