Author Topic: Personalized metal stamps availability??  (Read 1148 times)

Offline mountainman

Personalized metal stamps availability??
« on: May 08, 2024, 07:06:41 PM »
Hi, I was wondering if any of you guys know where I could get a customized metal stamp made hard enough to do barrels and softer materials?? I need one with my initials on it.

Offline Bob Roller

Re: Personalized metal stamps availability??
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 07:47:57 PM »
I have used 1/16" metal marking stamps and have a set of them,letters from a to z + & and a second set of numbers from 0 to 9 that can make any combination needed and a GOOD hardware store should have them.Also industrial suppliers like MSC and similar shops.
Bob Roller
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 08:12:26 PM by Bob Roller »

Offline JPK

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 08:46:20 PM »
Simple google search,

https://www.steelstampsinc.com/
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

Offline James Rogers

• James Rogers
    • Fowling Piece
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 09:04:44 PM »
https://buckeyeengraving.com/

I've used these guys before. 
You can also anneal those hand stamps like Bob is talking about and reshape, engrave and heat treat.

Offline smart dog

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2024, 10:44:23 PM »
Hi James,
What do you have to provide those guys to make stamps?  Do they need a 3D model or can they work with a drawing?

dave
"The main accomplishment of modern economics is to make astrology look good."

Offline P.W.Berkuta

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2024, 02:12:07 AM »
I had this steel stamp made about 15 years ago. It is hardened and is 4.5" long X 0.375" thick X 0.625" wide. The letters are about 0.062" tall. I think I paid $150.00 for it but I don't remember who did it for me. It works great on non-ferrous metals and does do steel but you got to give it a GOOD hit to leave a good impression. I gave them a drawing of what I wanted and the size of the stamped letters and over-all stamp size.

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline James Rogers

• James Rogers
    • Fowling Piece
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2024, 07:44:02 AM »
Hi James,
What do you have to provide those guys to make stamps?  Do they need a 3D model or can they work with a drawing?

dave

Dave, I'm pretty sure I provided something that I created on my computer that most likely had a background.  They took that and had to re-create it in their software program.

Offline Dennis Daigger

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2024, 04:57:43 PM »
Dave,
I had one made by Infinity Stamp Company from a text file that I sent of the layout that I wanted. Mine is text only but they will do most anything. You send them a digital file and they send a proof image for approval before the order is completed. The stamp ‘relief’ is designed for the specific material that it will be used on and although wood stamping was my main goal I wanted to be able to use in on leather, steel and soft metals as well so got it for steel. It has worked fine on all of the materials I have used it on. My main use is imprinting the wood under the buttplates of guns that I make.

Dennis

Offline mountainman

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2024, 08:10:57 PM »
Thanks Guys for your replies! Thanks for the confirmation James, I already had given Buckeye Metals a call, I went ahead and told him what I wanted to do, and ordered one and told him what I wanted on it. They were very easy to work with, so we'll wait and see how it turns out. Thanks again!!

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2024, 11:38:31 PM »
Besides telling them how tall I wanted the lettering, this is all I sent them when I ordered my stamp.
David

Offline David R. Pennington

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2024, 12:42:27 AM »
Here is my homemade one. Made from an old punch. I use it mostly for hot work. It has lasted way longer than I anticipated. I drew the working end pretty hard. 

VITA BREVIS- ARS LONGA

Offline mountainman

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2024, 04:37:12 PM »
Well I just received my first custom metal stamp, and I'm very happy and pleased with it. I was doing some practice on different surfaces and types of mallet.
Here is a picture of what I got.