Author Topic: Class Information  (Read 2821 times)

Offline Ian Pratt

Class Information
« on: January 22, 2010, 03:54:27 AM »
 Hey all, I thought I'd pass along some info about the various new classes going on over at the Log Cabin Shop in Lodi, Ohio. Jim Kibler and I started up the new session of our gun building class a couple months ago, building later flintlock era iron mounted rifles. Fourteen guys in the class this time, we are having a great time as always and anybody is welcome to drop in and hang out. We will try to make sure somebody posts some pictures after next month's class so you all can see just what kind of a mess we have got ourselves in.
  Their class and event schedule has grown quite a bit, seems they have something good going on most every weekend. There is a gun building class taught by Dave Kutcher, I think Dave also encourages visitors but only if you are really noisy and drunk and like to trip and fall into guys who are trying to operate sharpened tools.  Several other classes -  horn making with Tim Crosby, engraving with Mike Lea, hunting pouches with a real strange lady by the name of Maryellen Pratt , probably a couple other classes that I can't remember right now because somebody is beating the back of my head with a rolled up newspaper

Check out the Log Cabin's web site www.logcabinshop.com and look under "classes" for dates and more information, gotta go she's looking for bigger ammunition

eagle24

Re: Class Information
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 04:28:11 AM »
Doggone it Ian!  If you're gonna build southern rifles ya need to move down here in the south.  Then I could attend. ;)  Darn cool bag Maryellen has on the blog (the last one).  Gotta remind myself not to rent my mule to you folks.

Offline Ian Pratt

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 08:16:52 PM »
The anti gun folks may be onto something, these guns (and apparently the accoutrements that go along with them) are not only capable of causing great harm, they are created in an atmosphere of violence where even an innocent mule is never safe.

Move South? Used to think that would be a good idea at least in the winter, until I talked to a friend from Georgia the other day who told me their temperatures had been the same as ours. Must be global cooling. Probably caused by shot pouches and powder horns somehow.

Offline Ian Pratt

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 05:08:44 PM »
Since first posting this I found out that Mike's first engraving class has filled, they are offering a second session, check on their website as listed above for details