Author Topic: Re: CLA Auction Rifles  (Read 3914 times)

PINYONE

Re: CLA Auction Rifles
« on: August 24, 2008, 01:31:45 AM »
Question- the rifles and accoutrements that are auctioned at the show have to be donated? Thats a lot of time and money- you guys must be rich to do all that work- it seems to me that you should be compensated- I don't care if you want to give your work away- I would think that a Organization as big as the CLA could pay the Crafts people for the Art. What is the  $41,000. used for? TGP

Offline acorn20

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 03:45:05 AM »
Posted by: PINYONE  Posted on: Today at 05:31:45 PM 
Insert Quote 
Question- the rifles and accoutrements that are auctioned at the show have to be donated? Thats a lot of time and money- you guys must be rich to do all that work- it seems to me that you should be compensated- I don't care if you want to give your work away- I would think that a Organization as big as the CLA could pay the Crafts people for the Art. What is the  $41,000. used for? TGP

I would imagine that a large chunk of that money is spent by the association to rent the convention halls for the show.  I'm sure the Hyatt Regency doesn't donate their use.  I don't know if I've ever seen any accounting for monies period from the CLA.  What do they use with monies that are left over?  Does anyone know? 
Dan
Dan Akers

Offline Ken G

• F & AM #758
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 05:20:36 AM »
Why don't you ask them?  I assume you are both CLA members.   

http://www.longrifle.ws/

Contemporary Longrifle Association
P.O. Box 2097
Staunton, VA 24402
(540) 886-6189

« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 05:25:19 AM by Ken Guy »
Failure only comes when you stop trying.