Author Topic: Marking time til weekend shootin matches.  (Read 3870 times)

Offline Roger Fisher

Marking time til weekend shootin matches.
« on: August 29, 2008, 08:53:28 PM »
Ok so how many of us are shooting this weekend instead of sitting on our butts sopping up the 'bud' ::)
We here in Penna are lucky enough to have at least 2 shoots to attend this Labor Day weekend.  Blue Ridge Rifles and Garage Rats.  I'll show up at both seems like!

Besides, I'm having another birthday on Monday.  No cake for me - I'm going to a shoot.   So, how about U??

Offline RobertS

Re: Marking time til weekend shootin matches.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 10:22:41 PM »
Don't have any specific plans for the weekend, but I sure hope that I can be like you when I grow up, Roger.  Have a Happy Birthday!

billd

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 02:45:38 AM »
Hi Roger,   
I'm not going to make it this weekend, wish I could. Heading to Ohio to watch my daughter play.  Like I mentioned to you before, Sept. and Oct. are tough months for me to make shoots.

Bill

Jeff Peters

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 08:56:16 PM »
Rodger,
I was busy with family things over the weekend.
How did you shot at both matches?
Did they give you a handicap for yor birthday? What is it now 28 or 29? ???

Jeff

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 09:19:27 PM »
Rodger,
I was busy with family things over the weekend.
How did you shot at both matches?
Did they give you a handicap for yor birthday? What is it now 28 or 29? ???

Jeff
Sat and Sun I 'think' I did fairly well (I'll find out later since I went to another shoot monday. )     Monday I had first in both of the 50 yd matches and did not do well enough in the 25 yd stuff!!  Shot for frozen roasted chickens and sweet corn.  Only had 9 shooters monday.

Another birthday!! ::)   Oh to be 76 again ;D

Daryl

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 03:02:56 AM »
Congratulations, Roger. 77 - well, well. At Hefley we'd make you shoot against the other seniors, like that Rotten Ken Steinhower, relieving some of the stress on those of us of more 'tender' years.  'course, it would be nice to see come competition for the Hunter Hoarde.  Won't be long before there's 2 more of them to compete with.  The new baby will take a few years to catch up.