Author Topic: Hunting with a flinter  (Read 11906 times)

Offline bob in the woods

Re: Hunting with a flinter
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2021, 10:43:28 PM »
There sure is a big difference between S. W Ontario and Eastern Ontario.  Being just north of the far eastern end of Lake Ontario, we still get the humidity, along with colder winters :)

Offline Daryl

« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2021, 01:14:03 AM »
Lucky for you!! :o
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2021, 01:22:32 AM »
A Georgia Cracker by birth, I grew up in high humidity and hot temperatures.  I'm not going to say it never bothered me at all but I will say I was completely used to it and preferred it to even "moderate" cold.  I have enough photos of me with deer on the ground to to show most anybody the Georgia climate and how it varies from the southern end to the northern end.  In the Atlanta area & up it is usually more moderate than the coastal plain & piedmont where a t-shirt is fine in the November deer woods and often in December. 

Virginia was pretty cold and the first time I ever saw real snow.  In fact, although having been in Maine for three years the deepest snow I've ever experienced was in Va.  In Maine it snows more often but so far none of the chimney-burying depth of central Va.  Each year there is less and less snow in our part of Maine; winters start later and end sooner now than when we finally moved here for good a few years ago.  And the ticks; I thought they'd gotten bad in Georgia the past 20 years or so, but NAH!  Up here the total weight of all the ticks outweighs the total of ALL other animal species I am sure.
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline flinchrocket

« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2021, 01:58:30 AM »
The record low for Michigan is -51 F in February 1934.That is pretty close to southern Ontario no matter how you look at it.

Offline bob in the woods

« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2021, 02:04:30 AM »
Lucky for you!! :o
I do believe that you get your fair share of cold too !  :)

Offline Daryl

« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2021, 07:39:56 PM »
Seems the older Taylor and I get, the more picky we are about our shooting weather. ;)
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Nessmuck

« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2021, 05:14:11 AM »
I ice fished in Pittsburg NH one year....it was -45 degrees USA ...on the thermometer....no wind...thank God.