Author Topic: Kibler's Longrifles Open House  (Read 11748 times)

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
Re: Kibler's Longrifles Open House
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2022, 08:49:44 PM »
I would love to, truly, but 2,341 miles is quite a drive for a weekend.  Although I’m sure it’ll be a lot of fun!

Ez
Ez, 1 just drove 2623 miles one way to attend the TN/MY show, and that distance only got me to Stoner Creek.  It's all priorities.  A man's gotta walk the walk, not just talk the talk.

Offline Craig Wilcox

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2022, 02:11:51 AM »
And return!  Another 2,623 miles!  With elevated fuel prices, not an economy trip.

For me, about 3.5 hours, Kenton, OH to Friendship, IN.  Plus two stops for my Service Dog.  STILL haven't been able to make the trip....
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2022, 05:00:44 AM »
And return!  Another 2,623 miles!  With elevated fuel prices, not an economy trip.

For me, about 3.5 hours, Kenton, OH to Friendship, IN.  Plus two stops for my Service Dog.  STILL haven't been able to make the trip....
I hear you on fuel prices.  Average was $4.00 a gallon.  I had to leave my truck at home and drive my wife's Honda just for gas mileage.  Diesel was about $1.00 higher a gallon than gas.

Offline Frozen Run

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2022, 05:50:17 PM »
When you mention factory seconds and scraps of wood, do you ever have a stock that ends up completely snapped in half or unfit for a factory second? I'd love to buy a study stock for both of your rifles. Thank you.   

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2022, 06:18:08 PM »
When you mention factory seconds and scraps of wood, do you ever have a stock that ends up completely snapped in half or unfit for a factory second? I'd love to buy a study stock for both of your rifles. Thank you.

Yes, we do.  I think we get somewhere around $75 for one of these.  Give us a call and we can fix you up.

Thanks,
Jim

Offline Ezra

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2022, 06:52:01 PM »
I would love to, truly, but 2,341 miles is quite a drive for a weekend.  Although I’m sure it’ll be a lot of fun!

Ez
Ez, 1 just drove 2623 miles one way to attend the TN/MY show, and that distance only got me to Stoner Creek.  It's all priorities.  A man's gotta walk the walk, not just talk the talk.

Ouch, I think that left a mark Dave!

Ez
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

Offline Frozen Run

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2022, 08:14:48 PM »

Yes, we do.  I think we get somewhere around $75 for one of these.  Give us a call and we can fix you up.

Thanks,
Jim

Awesome! I'll send you a pm to discuss it further.

Offline bigmac

• Starting Member
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2022, 12:00:57 AM »
If I go in our motorhome is there camping on site that we can stay overnight?

Offline yip

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2022, 01:02:21 AM »
  Jim is it area wheelchair accessible?

Offline DavidC

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2022, 08:21:59 PM »
Maybe I can chew your ear with machining questions without boring everyone. I can't wait to see your setup in person.

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2022, 11:19:02 PM »
If I go in our motorhome is there camping on site that we can stay overnight?

We don't have a place for motorhomes on-site, but there is likely some place fairly close you could set-up.

Thanks,
Jim

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2022, 11:20:29 PM »
  Jim is it area wheelchair accessible?

Everything is on one level, but we do have gravel, around our buildings.  There are thresholds on the doors, but I don't think a wheelchair would have too much trouble getting over them.

Thanks,
Jim

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2022, 11:21:18 PM »
Maybe I can chew your ear with machining questions without boring everyone. I can't wait to see your setup in person.

Questions will be welcome!

Jim

Offline moleeyes36

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2022, 01:50:17 AM »
Jim,

Are you going to the Gunmakers Fair in Kempton, PA in July?  I’d sure like to hear more, style and schedule, on your smoothbore project.  Thanks.

Don Richards
Don Richards
NMLRA Field Rep, Instructor, Field Range Officer
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2022, 04:05:21 PM »
 Jim what or who are the vendor's that will be on site..?

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2022, 04:21:21 PM »
I  hear Chambers and LC Rice will be there as well as L&R. ::)
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2022, 04:55:30 PM »

Just Kibler's Longrifles. 

Jim

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2022, 04:57:01 PM »

You're the best Mike!  You brought a little joy to an otherwise ordinary Thursday morning.

Jim

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2022, 05:01:34 PM »
Jim,

Are you going to the Gunmakers Fair in Kempton, PA in July?  I’d sure like to hear more, style and schedule, on your smoothbore project.  Thanks.

Don Richards

No, we won't be going to any shows this year at all.  We have found that there is a lot of time and cost with shows and there are better ways to sell product. 

I'm working hard on getting the "Woodsrunner" project wrapped up and it's getting there.  Next, more work will be put towards the smoothbore fowling piece.  All the masters and wax molds are done on the smoothbore, but all the stockwork still needs to be taken care of.  It's a ways off...

I would hate to venture a guess as to the development cost for one of our kits.  More than most would ever imagine...

Jim

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2022, 05:20:45 PM »

You're the best Mike!  You brought a little joy to an otherwise ordinary Thursday morning.

Jim
That's what I'm here for. ;D
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Hunterdude

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2022, 05:38:38 PM »
I would like to visit on Friday and look the factory "seconds" SMR stocks over. If I visit Friday will I miss anything "new" on Saturday?
   Also wondering if you get any SMR stocks with worm holes? I would like to do up an SMR somewhat in the "barn gun" style. Thank you!

Offline Panzerschwein

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2022, 07:50:50 PM »
I cannot wait for the woodsrunner. That Roman nose stock is the chef’s kiss. Love it.

Wish I could attend the show but can’t due to an illness in the family. God bless looks like a heap of fun.

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2022, 07:57:06 PM »
I would like to visit on Friday and look the factory "seconds" SMR stocks over. If I visit Friday will I miss anything "new" on Saturday?
   Also wondering if you get any SMR stocks with worm holes? I would like to do up an SMR somewhat in the "barn gun" style. Thank you!

Nope, you'll be just fine with a Friday visit.  Nothing new on Saturday planned.  We will likely have some stocks with worm damage.

Thanks!
Jim

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2022, 07:58:17 PM »
I cannot wait for the woodsrunner. That Roman nose stock is the chef’s kiss. Love it.

Wish I could attend the show but can’t due to an illness in the family. God bless looks like a heap of fun.

Thanks,

We've been working really hard on getting it ready.  It's probably 95% there.  Hopefully I'll have some pictures and updates soon.

Thanks,
Jim

Offline DavidC

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2022, 12:11:26 AM »
If you're inviting people to bring flintlocks to for show does that imply a stance on having them for sale? I won't be bringing anything to sell but I'd like to know how light my wallet will be when I'm leaving.