Author Topic: Ram Rod Pipe Holder  (Read 1611 times)

Offline P.W.Berkuta

Ram Rod Pipe Holder
« on: May 03, 2023, 09:36:31 PM »
I made this ram rod holder so that I can easily hold the ram rod pipes while I clean up the flats. It is not my idea, I just borrowed it from someone else – I forgot who. I made one out of brass and one out of steel – no particular reason. It is 3/8 inches in diameter and about 4 inches long. It is drilled and tapped for an 8-32 screw that is 1-3/8 inches long. The front section is drilled for a clearance hole one drill size larger than the normal clearance hole for a #8 screw to allow for movement of the forward section when tightening. It is held in a vise as you see here and rotated to the next flat position when one flat is completed. I find it works very well for me and it just might work for you also – enjoy.

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
Re: Ram Rod Pipe Holder
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 06:09:23 PM »
Here are the ones I made a few years back.  Love them.
David

Offline P.W.Berkuta

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 06:49:57 PM »
I must have gotten the idea from you - thanks for the idea it does work VERY well indeed ;D
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 06:22:36 PM »
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780