Author Topic: Ram Rod Pipe Holder  (Read 571 times)

Offline P.W.Berkuta

Ram Rod Pipe Holder
« on: May 03, 2023, 09:36:31 PM »
I made this ram rod holder so that I can easily hold the ram rod pipes while I clean up the flats. It is not my idea, I just borrowed it from someone else I forgot who. I made one out of brass and one out of steel no particular reason. It is 3/8 inches in diameter and about 4 inches long. It is drilled and tapped for an 8-32 screw that is 1-3/8 inches long. The front section is drilled for a clearance hole one drill size larger than the normal clearance hole for a #8 screw to allow for movement of the forward section when tightening. It is held in a vise as you see here and rotated to the next flat position when one flat is completed. I find it works very well for me and it just might work for you also enjoy.

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
Re: Ram Rod Pipe Holder
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 06:09:23 PM »
Here are the ones I made a few years back.  Love them.
David

Offline P.W.Berkuta

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 06:49:57 PM »
I must have gotten the idea from you - thanks for the idea it does work VERY well indeed ;D
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 06:22:36 PM »
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780