Author Topic: Kibler's Longrifles Open House  (Read 11751 times)

Offline 44-henry

Re: Kibler's Longrifles Open House
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2022, 12:47:56 AM »
Great event all around. It was great to see what you are doing and to see your processes up front. Thanks for doing that.

Offline DavidC

« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2022, 03:22:01 AM »
That was a great event. Hopefully it ended up being beneficial to Jim and his business since you could ostensibly go, tour, and eat without spending a dime. My wife picked out her own stock for a SMR and it ended up being a burly and curly piece of ash that wasn't at all marked down  ;D

Thanks for answering my questions, I could have made that tour go on a lot longer and I would have been willing to do some work to make up for it! And those fried pies are downright dangerously good. I can't wait to take a tour again in a few years and see how much your business has grown.

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2022, 04:27:29 AM »
Sure looked like a nice turnout. A big thank you to all those who posted pictures.  :)

Offline Frozen Run

« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2022, 04:34:21 AM »
I went up there today with a couple of friends and we had a great time. Thank you for putting this together and being such a gracious host, we were treated like family. I can't believe this hasn't been discussed yet:

I couldn't believe it either at first, but any casting you see on that table was one dollar, as many as you wanted, I think I made about 3 trips back and forth to the cash register! The imperfections were so minor, a little file work and you're good to go for most of the stuff on that table.   

Offline bnewberry

« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2022, 06:09:00 AM »
I went up there today with a couple of friends and we had a great time. Thank you for putting this together and being such a gracious host, we were treated like family. I can't believe this hasn't been discussed yet:

I couldn't believe it either at first, but any casting you see on that table was one dollar, as many as you wanted, I think I made about 3 trips back and forth to the cash register! The imperfections were so minor, a little file work and you're good to go for most of the stuff on that table.

I missed that! I saw the table but didn’t know they were that inexpensive! Of course I have three muzzleloader projects right now and no intention of starting another!

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2022, 05:18:11 PM »
I find those planks to be far more interesting than the parts. Were the planks a dollar a piece too? ;)
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Frozen Run

« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2022, 05:50:35 PM »
I missed that! I saw the table but didn’t know they were that inexpensive!

That picture was taken I think after my first or second pass around so there were even more goodies on it when we arrived earlier that day. They had a lot of triggers and sights and other stuff on there as well, all being sold for one dollar!

Offline Frozen Run

« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2022, 06:04:51 PM »
I find those planks to be far more interesting than the parts. Were the planks a dollar a piece too? ;)

I was too embarrassed to ask after loading up on the dollar castings...

Offline 44-henry

« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2022, 09:14:30 PM »
They had a lot of great deals. Picked up a 50 caliber barrel for their colonial for $175 that was listed as a second.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 10:34:21 PM by 44-henry »

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2022, 02:54:02 AM »
  Really bummed I couldn't make it down...

Offline BozoMiller

• Starting Member
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2022, 08:02:05 AM »
Fun times by everyone it appears.

Offline 44-henry

« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2022, 10:37:48 PM »
I brought my 16 year old son to the open house and he surprised me today when he said he would like to build one of the Southern Mountain rifle kits. As it turns out he had saved enough money from his part-time job to pay for it so we ordered the kit this afternoon. Figured he shouldn't have all the fun so I bought a second one for myself as well, should be a good father-son activity.

Offline Dwshotwell

« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2022, 11:55:37 PM »
Indeed it is a good father son activity. I built one with my college - age son when he was home last summer. It was enough work to keep him busy but not so much as to be overwhelming and doable over his break.
David Shotwell

Offline DrLaw45

• Starting Member
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2022, 09:37:17 PM »
I went, never saw a waiver, but my gun did not up and walk away either. I was extremely glad I went. Now for some photos.