Author Topic: Chunk Shoot - ALR Postal Shoot  (Read 43923 times)

Daryl

Re: Chunk Shoot - ALR Postal Shoot
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 04:10:45 AM »
Taylor is heading East tomorow, while I'm going on Thursday.  All entries that come in Wed. or earlier, will be mailed Wed or earlier. Don't fret, we'll be back by the 19th I think, then all those that came in while I was away, will go out on the 20th. 
: Tell you what -  those who haven't send an entry to me already but have recieved no notice of me sending out targets,  or those who are going to send in an entry before 16th July - mail me and i'll send them out early this week.  I'll need ALR handle, full name, address and postal/zip code.

Daryl

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2008, 02:47:57 AM »
Guys - if you are going to send in your entries in the next 2 weeks, mail me and I'll get your targets mailed before I leave for Ontario for 9 days. I'll be gone from the 10th to the 19th. Sure glad I have an alarm system in this house.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 02:48:41 AM by Daryl »

Offline bob in the woods

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2008, 05:16:01 AM »
Daryl, if you're coming to Ontario, you could just drop my targets off ;D
Bob Miller
RR 2 { Tryon Road}
Sharbot Lake, Ontario
K0H 2P0

Daryl

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2008, 06:52:58 AM »
Hi bob- where is Charbot Lake?  We'll be pretty busy visiting relatives, but are driving to Clinton on Saturday. - Any help

Offline bob in the woods

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2008, 03:35:20 PM »
Hi Daryl. Sharbot Lake is about one hour north of Kingston. The beginning of August, is the start of the Ontario Provincial M.L. matches , in Chatham. A few of us here will be heading down there , hoping to try our luck in the Soper match. Chatham is about 7 or 8 hours drive from here.

Offline bob in the woods

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008, 03:48:26 PM »
Oh ya, I was just kidding about dropping the targets off!!!!!  Clinton is a good day's drive from here!

Offline Michigan Flinter

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2008, 04:30:08 AM »
Daryl received my targets today I'm getting out my .32 lefthand Lancaster flinter for the match. Sure will feel different not using my 25 pound flint log gun. But will be just as much fun.  Eric D. Lau  Riverdale Michigan

Daryl

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2008, 05:21:07 AM »
Tks Bob and Eric.  I just received Hank's entry and it will hit the mail tomorrow morning.

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2008, 07:33:42 PM »
Getting around today to leave for Rendezvous tomorrow morning, but I figured I would go out and shoot my targets this morning - so I did.  Get the ol' rifle warmed up for tomorrows matches you might say...

Anyway, I don't feel I did all that bad with my flinter.  Had a couple 'bad' flyers, but overall I was happy with my results.  I will feel the up and down and walkin' tonight and in the morning I'm sure, but I'll walk it off in the
woods walk tomorrow.

Truth be known, I feel I did better with no front and rear shader's over my sights with my .45 Dickert - then when I use my .40 caliber Chunk Rifle I built a few years ago.

Thanks again Daryl, good program, and had fun doing it.  I'll mail the targets in when I get back from Rondy.  Enjoy friends! :)   

Dave Marsh

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2008, 09:02:39 PM »
Daryl, got my targets today.  Thanks for running this.  Now if I can only get the hang of shooting from the laying down position.  Need more practice thats for sure.  Thanks again.   8)

Daryl

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2008, 10:00:59 PM »
Good stuff, guys. Will be back on the 19th. have fun and a great time in the days coming.

Leatherbelly

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2008, 10:07:11 PM »
Hey Daryls,
 Before ya run,where is that addy for chunk targets? This time I'll add it to my favourites. Sorry for the bother. I'll pay up when you get back.,thanks

Daryl

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2008, 10:12:42 PM »
 It's www.targetz.com - I think 10th page of normal targets. #'s 10141 and 10142. They also have different animal targets for fun shoots.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 06:41:14 AM by Daryl »

Harnic

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2008, 11:28:07 PM »
Arghhh!  Sorry Daryl, but my neck is acting up too much as of late & the chiropractor can't losen it up enough.  !@*%&@ whiplash injuries!  I can't shoot prone because my head won't lift back far enough to see the sights in that position...  :'(

Daryl

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2008, 07:57:12 PM »
That's too bad, Harry - sorry to hear of your neck problems - have your son did a trench and lay in that.  I saw some cool parascope apparatus's for shooting out of the front line trenches at the War musium in Ottawa? Might be fun to make? See you at Hefley.

Harnic

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2008, 10:52:19 PM »
Thanks Daryl, I knew you would understand, we're both a bit crippled up, what with being the same age & all!  ;)  Yes, I look forward to camping next to you again this year... save me that spot again if you can please!

Daryl

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2008, 02:03:32 AM »
Bob M. you have mail.
: Get out there guys, only one set of targets is in now. TKS, Roger.
; I wonder if we could make this a sticky until after the shoot? Moderator?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 02:04:21 AM by Daryl »

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2008, 09:01:56 PM »
Got mine mailed off this morning.  Went out Air Mail from down here, so keep watching the sky Daryl for a Mail plane to fly over and toss out my envelope of targets. :)

Daryl

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2008, 02:42:03 AM »
Thanks Marty.  Will keep a lookout - try to keep the sea gulls and crows from fighting over it.

Daryl

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2008, 09:53:41 PM »
Mike L. Your targets are on the way.

Offline longcruise

• Arvada, Colorado
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2008, 12:44:32 AM »
Thanks Daryl! :)

Liiking forward to this match.  All new to me.  Biggest obstacle is getting my oversize butt up down from the ground!! :D
Mike Lee

Offline Dave B

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2008, 09:14:24 AM »
I Went out this evening and shot my targets.  I find there is a reason that I dont shoot paper targets. I reall need to practice more often and work up a good load. The other thing is I thought it would be trick to staple up the sighter target and slip the for score target under it by folding back top and bottom of the target well I did so poorly in my shooting that I hit the folded over paper so instead of two holes on that target I have four when folded out flat. :-[ I will go on record as the longest string measure for this match. I guess the good news is that I will be able to improve my score the next time around by not folding the targets :D good luck shooting guys.
Dave Blaisdell

Daryl

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2008, 12:29:03 AM »
Taylor and I did some practising this morning and early afternoon.  Shooting of a 'chunk' is interesting to say the least :o. There's lots to learn about it & we aren't finished practising.  just when you think you've got it figured out, the shots go wild again.  It definitely isn't like bench shooting. Here's Taylor letting loose with his .50 "Ginny".  I'm using the old rifle with the.40 barrel.  Note Taylor's straight legs. That's too hard on the back for me now, as well as way back when when I shot prone in competition.
:
:

« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 12:31:42 AM by Daryl »

Daryl

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2008, 04:43:44 AM »
Dave B.- I attempted to return your e-mail, but it was sent back. You need to put me on your accept list , please. I re-sent it.

Daryl

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2008, 09:34:18 PM »
Just got Candle Snuffer's targets and have them scored - good stuff. Here's one of the pictures Roger sent - it's the rifle he used for his targets. Note the 'professional's sight hoods, as well as the tanned dear hide he used as a matt. Looks like a 'good' solid chunk to shoot off.  BTW- his targets were very good - well, some of them, as happens to all.
:  Don't be discouraged - get your targets shot and sent in - you are all competitive. One thing I did notice, is the postage on the envelopes. It costs just over 1/2 as much to sent to Canada as it does to send to the States FROM Canada.   
:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 09:36:46 PM by Daryl »